I need a reply to this comment I keep getting

Options

Replies

• shelby623
    shelby623 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I low carbed it too for about two weeks, lost 4 lbs and then I ate some pasta and gained it back plus some.

My boyfriend and I are trying to lose weight together, he lost 4 lbs in the first week...I lost 1. So he rubs it in my face that he is losing more weight by eating low fat than I am by eating low calorie and working out. My comeback is that I am a woman and am supposed to have boobies and it will take a lot more than 4 lbs for him to lose his moobs.
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Say "that's nice, I'm changing my lifestyle so I can get healthy and fit, AND stay that way. I wouldn't want to do the yo-yo thing" And leave it at that

/\/\/\ THAT!

Also, remind yourself that you're making a life change. Her drastic weight loss is exciting, but hard to maintain. I'm in a similar boat so I'm learning to smile and say, "good job" even when I want to punch, kick and/or scream :explode:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Say "that's nice, I'm changing my lifestyle so I can get healthy and fit, AND stay that way. I wouldn't want to do the yo-yo thing" And leave it at that

The reason I say this is not to tear her down. You're not attcking her personally, just making a statement that your change is a lifestyle change. Just to be clear
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Tell her you're sure she'll find them again soon.

Just kidding.
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Smile and walk away! Ugh people........jealousy is such an ugly color!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    If you are doing it the right way, then the only "comeback" you need will be your ability to keep the weight off come 6 months from now when shes gotten bored of her low carb diet and is putting all the weight back on again.

Just brush it off for now. Be the bigger person.

I agree. Actions speak louder than words and so do long term HEALTHY results.
  • smcghehey
    Options
    I agree with ^Shutterpillar... do you thing, lose the weight your way and the biggest "comeback" is keeping the weight off. Actions speak louder then words.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    She's jealous and is trying to sabotage you. Punch her in the face.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    " I like losing weight the way I am doing it... a little more slowly but I eat all the carbs I want!!!!!!!!!!!!! CARBS, NOM NOM NOM ". Then eat carbs in front of her, smacking your lips and moaning with food-pleasure.

Alright, maybe a little over the top but I dislike that obnoxious, competitive weight loss comments from friends :wink:

THIS

OK-- that was REALLY funny! :laugh:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Ignore her.

Then laugh your *kitten* off (on the inside) when she gains it back and you're still losing. Really, she's only lost water weight. You know that - let her be deluded :laugh:
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    It's common to lose 5-10 lbs when you start low carb. It's all water loss, since the lack of grains requires less water to pass through the digestive system.

Hide her from your facebook feed.

You can only control you.

This. 100%
    Toxic "friends" are not friends.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i would encourage her on her way since she is your friend!!
    be a good friend to her and then if she needs help along the way you will still be there.. and vice versa! thats what friends are for. dont be like everybody else and down on her, be somebody she wants to be friends with. everybody has things during their friendship that will annoy, but being a true friend is whats important.
  • Chubbasmommy
    Options

haha ^^ this is hilarious
  • clairification
    clairification Posts: 71 Member
    Options

This. Followed by "I think vilifying a food group is a cop out, learning moderation is key if you actually want to keep the weight off..."
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Just ignore it. Why do you need a comeback? It actually has nothing to do with you. It's her journey. Just leave her to it. If she asks for your advice, give it gently, but if not, just congratulate her on her losses and leave it at that.

This.
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I find headbutting useful? Lol, sorry, I have a friend like this so I know how you feel. To be honest I found them too toxic to be around and withdrew from them.
    this
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Tell her you're sure she'll find them again soon.

Just kidding.

Bwahahahahaha! :laugh:
  • JAM7791
    JAM7791 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ask her how it feels to be living off bacon and clogging her arteries....and then kick her? :) Keep up the good work for YOU, No one else!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

haha ^^ this is hilarious

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options

I've heard some people like to punch in the vagina as well.