I need a reply to this comment I keep getting

Options

Replies

• tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    " I like losing weight the way I am doing it... a little more slowly but I eat all the carbs I want!!!!!!!!!!!!! CARBS, NOM NOM NOM ". Then eat carbs in front of her, smacking your lips and moaning with food-pleasure.

Alright, maybe a little over the top but I dislike that obnoxious, competitive weight loss comments from friends :wink:

THIS!! LOLOL!!! :laugh:
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    She is the one that is losing. She is damaging her body by losing and gaining weight like that, so let her be competitive with you. You're the one that will be successful in the end anyway.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Oh, man...I feel you! My mom did this crazy diet of 500 cals a day and dropped 30 lbs. in one month. She was bragging how she only weighed one pound more than me. It made me mad cause I did it the natural and healthy way and didn't starve myself. Whenever she brings it up and complains how she gained some of it back, I always have some comeback that results in her saying she knows better than to do the diet, but does it anyways.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    how about...

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you low carb last year too? Why do you have to keep doing it?

its nearly impossible to lose that much actual fat in 2 days, its all probably water weight, because I can see you skin starting to dry up a bit.

Ohh! B*tchy AND helpful!!
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just say "I'm glad you find that it's working for you. I've found a way that I feel is going to work for me long term and I feel confident in my choice even if it's not high numbers all the time".
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm also wondering why, if this is a friend, you would feel the need to "put her in her place." If you're her friend, you don't need to feel that way. If you feel that way, maybe this isn't a "friendship" you need to continue.

Just a thought.
  • H0neybug
    H0neybug Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You reap what you sow...

Everyone has someone toxic in their life that is always trying to bring you down with, how much better their life is supposed to be than yours...don't buy it!

Live your life for you...focus on you...everything else is just there to entertain you...don't take it so serious and laugh it off.

Remember what goes around comes around.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    @#@# her lol and ignore it and well once you hit your goal and she is heavy again you can laugh
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    Just ignore it. Why do you need a comeback? It actually has nothing to do with you. It's her journey. Just leave her to it. If she asks for your advice, give it gently, but if not, just congratulate her on her losses and leave it at that.

This - Next year she'll be asking you how you manage to keep it off. Then you can share the healthy lifestyle changes you've made. :wink:
  • Skarlette
    Skarlette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think the comments by "ajbeans" are the wisest way to handle this. Good luck on your journey and know that a lot of us are also on our own journeys and we want you to be successful.
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    " I like losing weight the way I am doing it... a little more slowly but I eat all the carbs I want!!!!!!!!!!!!! CARBS, NOM NOM NOM ". Then eat carbs in front of her, smacking your lips and moaning with food-pleasure.

Alright, maybe a little over the top but I dislike that obnoxious, competitive weight loss comments from friends :wink:

LOL ^^^ is too funny. Do that just because it will make you laugh
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Just ignore it. Why do you need a comeback? It actually has nothing to do with you. It's her journey. Just leave her to it. If she asks for your advice, give it gently, but if not, just congratulate her on her losses and leave it at that.

^^^^^This...

Besides, if you say anything other than congratulations, she may take it the wrong way and accuse you of being jealous, even if you are trying to help her with her long-term goals.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just remember:

1) Slow and steady wins the race
    2) It's a lifestyle change not a diet
    3) It takes three months to create a habit
    4) What we are today took a lifetime to create so rules 1-3 need to be remembered every day! :wink:
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I would just congratulate her on her loss and be happy in the fact that you are making your own lifestyle change. It sounds like maybe she is just insecure and needs more attention when she does something. The less you let it bother you the less she will bother you with it. You know you are working hard. Most of the time (not all) they are just trying to find something in common with you. They don't even realize they bother you. Just move on and look the other way. You will be the better person.
  • bluepixxy
    bluepixxy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ALL I CAN SAY IS GOOD JOB ,YOU ARE DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY AND YOU HAVE LOST 9 LBS ,THAT IS AWESOME.
  • spollard40
    spollard40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha I love these replies! In actuality I will probably say nothing but keep those hilarious remarks tucked away for the next reminder on how much she's now lost! Like I said, I know it's her competitive nature to try and one-up me and whatever it is at the moment, but I just found it insensitive, that's all. I don't have a competitive bone in my body, so that's certainly not it. Thanks, all! :)

Oh, and I recommended this site to her and she said "Oh I use Spark People and it's SO much better." LOL
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options

^^^THIS!!!!
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Patience.
    She will lose the 20 pounds. You will lose a few.
    She will gain the 20 pounds back. You will lose a few more pounds.
    Then you can post on Facebook....I lost 20 pounds and kept it off! Yay me!
  • alishasickler
    Options
    I agree to ignore her or just say "that's nice, good for you" and hide her from your facebook news feed for now. It's difficult BUT it will satisfy your frustration to keep REMEMBERING that in a few months, she'll have lost her interest and gain it all back. But you'll still be losing and making that lifestyle change. Now how's that for the "last word"?? Good luck!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Give it gently. This is exactly what's wrong w/ America.

Give her the truth, not some watered down "be nice" version. The truth is the best thing you can give anyone.