Options
    bump to keep track of!
  • hkmamma
    hkmamma Posts: 70
    Options
    BUMP!
  • caharter
    Options
    I am going to try this recipe ASAP!! What a great idea.
  • Mich1105
    Mich1105 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • naplidon96
    Options
    Uhh, Isnt Cake mix bad for you?! 3 Tablespoons [9 teaspoons] Of a MIXTURE of 2 different Cake mixes combined, for only 42 calories? Am i dreaming or something??!?!? Also, theres no way this is 42 calories, please explain how u got that!
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Soo going to try this!
  • Chinique
    Options
    Thank you, I will definitely try this!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I tried this - it was pretty good. I made 2 flavors. One turned out WAY BETTER than the other ..... here's why.

WARNING ...Betty Crocker is making their mixes 17% smaller now. If your cake mixes (angel & flavored) are the SAME size you're good to go. But if you end up with a smaller flavored cake mix & the full size angel food ..... look out. The recipe still works, but the angel food cake flavor is over powering.... the flavored cake mix does not really come thru.
  • RANDYMERCIER
    Options
    It is good, i used german chocolate and then i put some frozen fat free cool whip on it with a few raspberries. it is good
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Kerns63
    Options
    bump
  • pegfordw
    pegfordw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate peanut butter anything so I use the devil's food cake and angel food cake, and take fat free cool whip and mix a little peanut butter in with it and top of my 1 minute cake...and yum, yum, it makes a great frosting to add to the top!
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love cake, but hate having a whole cake around the house. :)
  • Jenleigh16
    Options
    Bump
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    How do you figure this is only 42 calories? I just made this with betty crocker angel food and betty crocker triple chocolate fudge (which actually has less cals than the angel food), and by my calculations and MFP it's 156 cals per serving :/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    How do you figure this is only 42 calories? I just made this with betty crocker angel food and betty crocker triple chocolate fudge (which actually has less cals than the angel food), and by my calculations and MFP it's 156 cals per serving :/

This thread is sooooo long. But if you go back a read thru some of it .... several people come up with figures in the range of 100 - 110 calories.
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    when you say small container to put mix in what size did you use? how do you figure out calories for that? people may have different ideas on sizes. i would like to try this.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    okay so if the 3 tablespoons come out to 1.20 oz
    and the 2 boxes total 31.25oz

is 0.0384 the number i should be inputting in the recipe thing?

and do i select: OF "1 package" - in the drop down?