• amyv8654
    Options
    Save!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Gotta try this!!
    3, 2, 1 Cake

These individual little cakes are amazing and ready to eat in one minute! They are perfect for whenever you feel like a treat without all the fat and calories that cake can have. Genius idea!

Servings: 1

Ingredients:

1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
    1 box Cake Mix - Any Flavor
    2 Tbsp Water

Directions:

In a ziploc bag, combine the two cake mixes together and mix well. For each individual cake serving, take out 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 Tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe container. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and you have your own instant individual little cake! Keep remaining cake mixture stored in the ziploc bag and use whenever you feel like a treat! You can top each cake with a dollop of fat free whipped topping and/or some fresh fruit.

Helpful Tips:

This recipe is called 3, 2, 1 Cake because all you need to remember is "3 tablespoons mix, 2 tablespoons water, 1 minute in the microwave!" Try various flavors of cake mix like carrot, red velvet, pineapple, lemon, orange, etc. Just remember that one of the mixes has to be the angel food mix; the other is your choice. The flavor possibilities are endless!

Recipe located at: http://cake.betterrecipes.com/3-2-1-cake.html

I just made this and put some cool whip and some mandarin oranges on top and it was the perfect sweet snack!
  • chickidoo1121
    chickidoo1121 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump....can't wait to try this :)
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i'm tryng to wrap my mind around this...i looked up duncan hines angel food cake and duncan hines red velvet cake mix. combined they come to 3840 calories. So how is one to know how many 3 TBL servings are in each box of cake mix in order to determine if they are really 42 calories besides buying a box of mix and sitting down and scooping out TBL after TBL to figure it out...? sounds too good to be true and i'm not willing to put it in my mouth until i can calculate the calories for myself....can anyone help?

I plan to make this this weekend. I was going to work out the calories for myself by weighing the whole bag of cake mixes (both Angel food and Chocolate!) and then weighing out 3Tbs and calculating from there. Just an idea. I'll let you know what it works out to be.
  • AnnaCVeach
    AnnaCVeach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I made this today and it was DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing!
  • salzej01
    salzej01 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    I am going to have to try this. Thanks!!
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    talk about easy! I'm going to be the envy of everyone at work!!!!

Laura
    :tongue:
  • sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • brownsugah76010
    Options
    OMG that sounds soooooo good. I am trying this tonite!!
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Definitely going to try this! Thanks for the tip!
  • LBachynsky
    Options
    Can't wait to try this ~ thanks for sharing!! :flowerforyou:
    May sound stupid but I'm new sooo what's a bump

Bump is kinda like a bookmark so you can come back to the post(s) you are interested in re-reading. Every time you comment, it stays in your history & you can retrieve it. Hope this helps & welcome!!

Actually, that would be "tag." As in, "tag for later" or "tag for after work." However, it has the same effect as responding in any way to a thread.

A bump is normally a courtesy to push a thread that has fallen past page one back to the top of the list.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    bump. will have to try this...will try it in the oven since i don't do microwaves. yum!
  • mhils16
    Options
    Bump
  • JENJEN2011
    JENJEN2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    YUMMO! I am a "Sweets Junkie" so this sounds awesome!
  • bamachyck3
    Options
    bump
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    bump
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, I will have to try this