What one revelation put you on this road to fitness and impr

Options

Replies

• Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Sitting at my desk and having to unbutton my slacks then looking at the prices of clothes and knowing I would have to replace everything!.
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Going to the doctor and seeing that I was 5'2" and 201 lbs. UGH. Worse day of my life...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Sitting at my desk and having to unbutton my slacks then looking at the prices of clothes and knowing I would have to replace everything!.

I'm now thrilled to have had to replace everything!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Fighting with food my entire life. I was trying a different concept "make friends with food" (which turns out to be "eat whatever you want when you want") and gained 10 pounds in about 2 weeks... stepped on the scale and I was over 300 - I had SWORN to never be over that number again.

But, my true revelation to keep me on this road was the ease with which logging made the weight just seem to slide right off my body... and as that happened, a new-found exuberance grew within me -- and this is still growing as I learn new and wonderful ways to make this trip exciting and make this a lifestyle change and not just another "losing the weight again" scenario!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I couldnt wear any of the pants in my closets. I had clothing from a 6 to a 12 and nothing fit. I was wearing stretchy things now.

I flew back to Oregon, first of January, to visit my family and my mom and 2 sisters were in the same boat as me. We all needed to loose about 15-20% body weight.

We struck up a competition. We throw $50 in a pot and Whoever has the largest % weight loss by the time I return in the end of March, gets a new pair of $150 jeans bought for them.

If it's me who wins (4 weeks/12 weeks and I am ahead) then I will buy them in my goal size and not what I weigh at the time.

It's good, fun competition right now. We are all doing really well!
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Steve Perry.

LMAO
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Mine was a picture from new years... and only being able to fit into 1/5th of the things in my closet.
  • luvheart21
    luvheart21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Seeing pictures of my former classmates who, "Haven't changed a bit." and then seeing myself. Where did the athlete in me go I don't know, but she's coming back!:)
  • jabbaknight
    jabbaknight Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A combination of things. A picture from the beach last summer. Wanting to continue playing soccer and softball at age 51. Blood pressure creeping up. Putting on 20 of the 40 pounds I lost 5 years ago. Just in general not being happy with the way I looked. Getting a Kindle Fire, and finding the MFP app as a free download. Starting a biggest loser contest at work.

And a quote I read from a couple of years ago keeps running through my brain:

"There are a lot of old people, and there are a lot of fat people, but there aren't a lot of old fat people."
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out when "baby weight" just turned into "weight." My second baby was 18 months old, and I wasn't any closer to losing the baby weight than I was at 2 months post-partum.

I have since lost the 40 lbs and have maintained for several months! :-)
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Being totally out of breath walking up 2 flights of stairs.

Unacceptable!!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Not being able to fit into my clothes had me thinking about making the change but seeing an awful picture of myself on facebook that someone had tagged did the trick.
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Looking at my double chin in pictures and hating everything i put on my body
  • sklala
    sklala Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I had to buy a pair of dress slacks a size up then I was used to. Went though my closet and the "tight" look was just not doing it for me.

Time to loose that weight.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Primarily a photo from the beach from the end of December. Mentally I knew I had put on a lot of weight over the past few years, and looking in the mirror I could see I was heavier, but a couple of pictures made it clear how large my belly had gotten.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    My boys. Both are severely autistic and will likely need care into their adult lives. I want to be around for as long as possible to make sure they are cared for properly.
  • amiles21693
    Options
    Got called fat by a complete stranger (who was easily obese) right when I walked into a party. I left right afterward and cried. Then I saw my senior picture and I really did look swollen. ):
  • daidryme
    Options
    I was talking to a close friend who was placing her husband on a diet. He was very overweight at 6'3. When she said how much he weighed I almost fainted. We weighed the exact same and I am 5'3.
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1. Huffing and puffing my way through baby hikes with my son.

2. Looking at my closet full of adorable clothing I can no longer wear.

3. The look of shock on the face of a friend who hadn't seen me in three years. I've been a consistent size 7 for years. I'm now 35 pounds heavier than that.

4. Feeling my once washboard abs spill over the front of my fat jeans.

Need I go on?
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    For me, it was going on a residential with work. We went for a walk and I spent the entire time struggling because of my "ankle" and granted, I did have an ankle injury, but it wasn't that bad. I knew it was because I was so fat and so out of shape that I couldn't manage what was actually a really easy walk. That should have been enough, but then later in the walk, the route we was going to take back was locked off, so we had to climb a gate. I waited till last with 2 other staff members and they thought I was waiting because of my ankle. I waited till the rest of the group was out of sight and I started to cry. I knew that I was really going to struggle to get my fat *kitten* over that gate and I did.

I made the decision there and then that I was not going to stuff my face with just anything anymore. It had to stop and I HAD to lose the weight. 88 lbs later, I feel more like the old person that I used to be. Small, fit and healthy and able to fit into any gap and tackle a gate without any hesitation.