The Scale

Options
For some reason since I started working out and eating healthy I have felt the need to weigh myself 3 to 4 times daily. Just to see how it changes. I have heard that you shouldn't weigh yourself so much. More like once a week but I find it difficult. Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I do my business in the restroom and before I eat or drink anything.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    For some reason since I started working out and eating healthy I have felt the need to weigh myself 3 to 4 times daily. Just to see how it changes. I have heard that you shouldn't weigh yourself so much. More like once a week but I find it difficult. Does anyone else have this problem?

yep, but have been without a scale for almost 2 weeks now (and not weighing till March 6th on my birthday Lol)

I used to weigh when i got up, before and after a workout and before i went to bed to see how much i'd be in the morning lol.

PROBLEM with it for me: I wasn't seeing "results" because I was weighing so much
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I think once a week is what is recommended...I am here to say that sometimes it's hard to wait a whole week!:laugh:
  • TXGaToRgiRl88
    Options
    We have a scale at my work. So I weigh myself there. It help me not snack on unhealthy things if I dont like the number I see
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    im the same i weigh in probs 4 times daily but am trying to stop lol i only logg though once a week on tuesdays
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I sometimes weigh myself before and after I go pee....curiosity mostly. I don't obsess over the numbers at all; a gain doesn't bother me, and loss doesn't excite me, but I am obsessed with the act of stepping on the scale. Weird, I know.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yup ... i kinda do it two times a day lol ... at least
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    yep, but have been without a scale for almost 2 weeks now (and not weighing till March 6th on my birthday Lol)

I used to weigh when i got up, before and after a workout and before i went to bed to see how much i'd be in the morning lol.

PROBLEM with it for me: I wasn't seeing "results" because I was weighing so much

that was my problem too! weighing yourself weekly (same time, same day!) gives you a better idea of your overall progress - rather than getting caught up in the daily fluctuations. if I weigh before & after a workout, my scale tells my I've lost 5% body fat...NOT POSSIBLE! it's not perfect!
  • RainbowSprinkles
    Options
    Yes, I've become addicted to weighing myself several times a day. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, it helps me stay motivated throughout the day when I am aware of my weight. I don't obsess about it, I just use it more for "awareness".
  • aymarie33
    aymarie33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ok, all my friends think its so weird but its like an obsession! I am glad I am not alone though. :smile:
  • sweeney65
    Options
    i weigh once first thing in the morning and once before i go to bed. knowing that i have the bedtime weigh-in sometimes keeps me in line when i'm tempted to have dessert or another drink w/ dinner. so its not all bad. but i do get discouraged when my numbers go up even slightly. i've decided to only record my pm weight on sunday. that way (hopefully) i'll continue to see positive results over time.
  • Jzslim
    Jzslim Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    morning and night for me, don't think I could wait the reccomended weekly weigh in.only gonna log on a weekly basis.
  • MissesJai
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day but I found myself becoming a slave to the scale. Now, I keep it to once a week, when I can control myself :tongue:
  • xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I do all the time!!!! I know its not good but I weigh myself pretty much every other time I am in the bathroom :embarassed: (Which is a lot recently because I have upped my water intake.) I LOVE to see the numbers go down :love: , BUT i also let the numbers on the scale dictate what kind of day I will have. If the numbers are higher I am usually more pissy :mad: BUT if I have a loss then I am chipper all day :flowerforyou: ... I think I should stop doing this before I get too spastic!!!!!!!!
  • ReinventingLisa
    ReinventingLisa Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I like to weight once a day, but I find it more counter productive. I'd find myself thinking that I "did good" so I can have something for that. Bad idea. Creates an endless cycle sometimes so I find it better to weight once a week.
  • steveh08
    steveh08 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do it twice everyday. Only log it on fridays.
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I have the same problem...then I get disappointed so that I grab the nearest chocolate bar for consolation!
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I prefer weighing myself every morning... it really keeps me on track!
  • Annmarie49
    Options
    I weigh myself 3-4 times a day but only record morning weight on a Fri as my actual weight.

I don't see anything wrong with it, no different for looking at your : eyebrows all the time to see if they need done/nails to check if the polish needs replaced/clothes to check if they are in the right position/face to check your make up/lipstick etc......

I find it keeps me motivated and on track. If I go over, i know I need to cutback elsewhere, if I am under, I feel really good!!:happy:

This process is about finding what works for us as individuals, if it works 'don't change it'!!!!!:laugh:
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    If it keeps you motivated, I don't think it's a "problem" at all. I weigh when I want to. Sometimes it's everyday, sometimes it's twice a week.