MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bump new thread
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Slow Cooker Easy Cheesy Chicken
    6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    2 (11 ounce) cans condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup (I use Healthy Request)
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 teaspoon garlic powder

Put chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with seasonings. Pour soup over top. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. I serve mine with broccoli. Yummy!

The soup only adds about 58 calories and one gram of fat per chicken breast.

Mmm, sounds tasty. I will try this next week, or this weekend if I can manage it sooner. Love my crockpot!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    2 (11 ounce) cans condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup (I use Healthy Request)
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 teaspoon garlic powder

Put chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with seasonings. Pour soup over top. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. I serve mine with broccoli. Yummy!

Sounds yummy!
    Also, I'm adding all the new people now :)
  • allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This is a low-fat Alfredo sauce for pasta, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.

Gruyere Sauce (4 servings)

INGREDIENTS

4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
    1 cup 1% milk, divided
    1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese, (2 ounces)
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, (1 small clove)
    1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
    Freshly ground pepper, to taste

PREPARATION
    Whisk flour with 2 tablespoons milk until smooth. Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Add the flour mixture; cook, whisking, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in Gruyere, chives (or parsley), garlic, salt and pepper.

NUTRITION
    Per serving: 106 calories; 6 g fat ( 3 g sat , 2 g mono ); 18 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 5 g fiber; 247 mg sodium; 386 mg potassium.

I made this with Fontina cheese and Greek yogurt. I melted the cheese in the microwave but let it melt too fast so when I added the yogurt it cooled and got clumpy. The flavor was awesome, but it didn't really taste like alfredo. Should have stuck to the recipe, I guess. Anyway, thanks for sharing.
  • perty09
    Options
    add me please!
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,856 Member
    Options
    Bump! for a tasty sounding sauce! Thanks.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    add me please!

Welcome!
  • cbaughman07
    cbaughman07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump for good sounding sauce, will use with some broccoli and diced chicken breast and noodles thanks :D
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. thanks!
  • julieoperkins
    julieoperkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in, please. :)
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun!!! this is one of my all time favorite recipes, the ingredients seem STRANGE but they work well.

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
    3 Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles
    1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    ½ cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
    1 cup of low calorie spaghetti sauce
    1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
    2 oz. shredded 2% cheddar cheese
    6 oz. of already cooked diced chicken breast
    1 egg white

Combine in a food processor the chickpeas, cottage cheese and 1 egg white. Mix the spaghetti sauce and the buffalo wing sauce. Boil the noodles and cut in half. Spray a square 8x8 baking dish with Pam, put about 1/4 cup sauce in bottom of pan, top with 3 noodles and then the cottage cheese mixture, top that with the three other noodle half’s, ¼ cup sauce, shredded chicken, the rest of the sauce and then sprinkle on the cheese. Cover with aluminum foil, bake, covered at 350 for 45 minutes, remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes. Let it set for about 15 minutes before cutting into four
  • WilliamsYaYa
    Options
    bump:bigsmile:
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the recipes!!! Yummy!!!
  • ckclontz
    Options
    This is a low-fat Alfredo sauce for pasta, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.

Gruyere Sauce (4 servings)

INGREDIENTS

4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
    1 cup 1% milk, divided
    1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese, (2 ounces)
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, (1 small clove)
    1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
    Freshly ground pepper, to taste

PREPARATION
    Whisk flour with 2 tablespoons milk until smooth. Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Add the flour mixture; cook, whisking, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in Gruyere, chives (or parsley), garlic, salt and pepper.

NUTRITION
    Per serving: 106 calories; 6 g fat ( 3 g sat , 2 g mono ); 18 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 5 g fiber; 247 mg sodium; 386 mg potassium.

Holy cow is this good!!!! Thanks for a new family fave!
  • joditenzer
    Options
    please add me as well!
  • missclaxton
    missclaxton Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WilliamsYaYa
    Options
    :
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 teaspoon garlic powder

Made this for dinner tonight. I also added about 16 ounces of salsa and a package of Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese Steamer. I was excellent!! Even my husband (who hates "diet" food) loved it!
  • WilliamsYaYa
    Options
    Hi, I think I've missed the post for week 21. Does anyone have it?
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I'm not running them anymore. Sorry :(
    Unfortunately my life has become stressful and I don't have the time I did anymore