i think i'm going to get plugged.

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
i've always wanted them done. i just made an appointment. yay.

Anyone else get this done? Does the stretching process take a long time?

Replies

• LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I think your hair is full enough :wink:
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    but my forehead starts SO far back.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    no but I heard they are stinky
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    it takes a long time, is very painful, and once you go past a certain size they dont shrink back.

one of my holes is overly big now, annoying.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    no but I heard they are stinky

^^^this to
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Took me over 6 months to get to 12mm. I did it myself.

If you wear silicone plugs instead of metal, there is very little to ZERO smell. I've had metal and glass and plastic plugs... The only ones that haven't smelled AT ALL have been my new silicone ones.

I'm stretching up a third one now, at 4mm and remembering how much of a pain in the bum it is :|
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Like above poster said, metal stinks. I'm at a 00g. It's painful depending on what size your coming from and going to. Ears will be sore for a week or so. Now that I'm making bigger jumps, I wrap medical bandage tape around a taper until it's as big as I can jam in there without pain. I'll let it stretch to there and add more tape a couple days later. More of a slow stretch so they aren't so rough when sleeping and such.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I take my plugs out before I shower every night, and soak them in salt water so they don't stink. I'm at a 00gauge right now, but am trying to shrink to a 0gauge but it's not working. I personally think they're hot, wish my man would get some but he doesn't even have an earring. I buy all my jewelery online because it's damn expensive in a piercing shop. If you buy the wooden plugs, make sure you massage with oil every single night or they'll dry out and crack. I personally like the metal ones that look like barings. What else do you want to know...the first ear is easy to stretch, then your body gets smarts and hates you, so the second ear is a little more stressful. Of course it's going to hurt, but it isn't unbearable or else no one would have them. Rach is right, use medical tape to make them bigger and bigger...I just used a claw and went right to 00gauge, but I was lucky and didn't have any problems.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Can I ask, in a total non-hater way, just from curiosity, why you want to do that? It look SO painful. And irreversible.
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options
    I love the look of metal too, but I think I'm gonna start saving them for "special" occasions hahah
  • Mr_Motivator42
    Mr_Motivator42 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no idea what you fine women are talking about :(
  • lilRicki
    Options
    tattoos hurt more, plugs are asthetically pleasing to me. I like how naughty they look. Especially because I'm a straight laced secretary.

Determinedbut...I have jade green ones that are my "special occasion" ones lol and black with white slashed through them. my metal ones are every day
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options
    Lucky: I think mine look beautiful!

inhf7m.jpg

This was back at 10mm (00g)

I'm at 12mm (1/2") now and am not planning to get any bigger :)

I simply love the way it looks. I have tattoos too, and I don't think stretching is any weirder than tattoos!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    Lucky: I think mine look beautiful!

inhf7m.jpg

This was back at 10mm (00g)

I'm at 12mm (1/2") now and am not planning to get any bigger :)

I simply love the way it looks. I have tattoos too, and I don't think stretching is any weirder than tattoos!

so do you have a hard time with flared ones? That's why i like my metal ones so much, they're screwed in lol I find I lose my flares a lot more, that's why i started taking them out every night...yours look great though
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to imagine. I had my ears re-pierced 18 months ago, and I am not exaggerating when I say it took 10 months for me not to be in constant daily pain from it. I should have remembered from the first time round. I suddenly realised about 14 months after having them done that I wasn't crying every time I switched earrings any more. It was that painful.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    I can't even begin to imagine. I had my ears re-pierced 18 months ago, and I am not exaggerating when I say it took 10 months for me not to be in constant daily pain from it. I should have remembered from the first time round. I suddenly realised about 14 months after having them done that I wasn't crying every time I switched earrings any more. It was that painful.

did you get them pierced with a gun? if so, that's why...google why you shouldn't do that, it will disgust you lol...next time go to a piercer at a tattoo shop, it hurts WAY less, and healing time is 4 weeks.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

did you get them pierced with a gun? if so, that's why...google why you shouldn't do that, it will disgust you lol...next time go to a piercer at a tattoo shop, it hurts WAY less, and healing time is 4 weeks.

Nope, with a needle. In a tattoo shop. They still took 10 months to heal.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Plugged? Painful stretching? o.O
  • determinedbutlazy
    Options
    The metal ones in that picture are single flare to lay flush with the lobe, and the back has a rubber band holding them on.

31PKVs-EgmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

They're comfy and very very pretty, but they can smell if I don't wash them every day, and since I'm stretching a third hole now, they were irritating the **** out of the new stretch when I was trying to sleep ):

The ones I have now are "saddles" in a flesh tone... semi soft silicone.

silicon_saddle_flesh_tunnel_body_jewelry_ear.jpg

They don't fit as nice, but they're essential for work ):
  • lilRicki
    Options
    nice, i don't wear "o" rings anymore, I found the discharge was to much from my ear, and the smell was terrible...i just buy flares and screws now...but i like the flesh coloured ones. I bought clear ones, and those looked pretty damn cool too.