i think i'm going to get plugged.

Options

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what you mean by "get plugged" or why you'd have to make an appointment. Are your ears not already pierced? I am up to 5/8" now and I did it myself. Some hurt a little some not at all. Just let your ears heal in between. And it's not totally permanent, a lot of people's ears shrink considerably.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This isn't about plugs but I feel that the people posting in this thread will be knowledgeable about my queries:

I have an industrial in one ear and two cartilage piercings in the other. I haven't worn my earrings in years, but I would like to start again. I am pretty sure I need to get them re-pierced. Is it more/less painful the second time? Does it cost the same? Can I use my old earrings? and do you guys think I should get all 3 piercings redone at the same time, or one ear then the other so I at least have a side of my head to sleep on comfortably?

Sorry for a million questions.

Oh and I will of course be getting them done in a tattoo place with needles, no guns for me!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Plugged? Painful stretching? o.O
    My thoughts exactly...
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It doesn't hurt too much if you do it properly and do it slowly. If you do it too quickly the hole will split and then it won't look right if you shrink it down again. It also takes ages to heal if it splits, my mates did and it went really manky. Mine are currently 12mm on the right and 8mm on the left. Tempted to go bigger but will prob want to shrink them back at some point! Did mine myself too.
  • Swampstar
    Options
    This isn't about plugs but I feel that the people posting in this thread will be knowledgeable about my queries:

I have an industrial in one ear and two cartilage piercings in the other. I haven't worn my earrings in years, but I would like to start again. I am pretty sure I need to get them re-pierced. Is it more/less painful the second time? Does it cost the same? Can I use my old earrings? and do you guys think I should get all 3 piercings redone at the same time, or one ear then the other so I at least have a side of my head to sleep on comfortably?

Sorry for a million questions.

Oh and I will of course be getting them done in a tattoo place with needles, no guns for me!

I've got scaffolding in one ear that runs top to bottom and a normal cartilidge piercing in the other. I don't have my scaffolding in all the time but can easily repierce it, same with the other. The scaffolding does hurt to repierce at the top of my ear but that's just the angle of it. Hurts about as much as having it done when I do it but means I don't have to ask my mate to keep piercing me!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I thought this post was going to be about cheese..
  • miss_glitter
    miss_glitter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    repiercing is always more painful then the first time, in my experience. I had my rook done again last year and it hurt about twice as much as the first time. Healed faster, though. Maybe try switching the ears. If you're really worried, put the industrial on the opposite ear and vice-versa, That way you aren't piercing the same scar tissue.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It doesn't hurt too much if you do it properly and do it slowly.
    creepy-smile-o.gif
  • Swampstar
    Options
    It doesn't hurt too much if you do it properly and do it slowly.
    creepy-smile-o.gif

This is a clean post!! Or it was...
  • miss_glitter
    miss_glitter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    also, i have both ears stretched to zero (tiny, i know!). I waited at least two weeks before going up sizes, and i started at 10g. I love them. I don't regret getting them done at all. Also, i use facial cleanser to wash my ears every night so they don't smell, even though i have metal tunnels. Or maybe i've become immune to the smell ... :O
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I started with a 16ga or whatever the gun piercings are. Brought it up to a loose 4ga, could have totally put a 2ga in.

Now it's shrunk down to where you can barely see it, but could probably fit a 10 or even 6ga in there.

Going from 16 to 12 hurt a little. 12 to 6 in one sitting was stupid. Too much too soon.
  • Swampstar
    Options
    I find mine only smell if I've been at a festival or something and haven't been able to wash them daily.

My old house mate on the other hand used to sit in my car and play with his plugs, I had to open the window because the smell was so bad! Just personal hygiene.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Can I ask, in a total non-hater way, just from curiosity, why you want to do that? It look SO painful. And irreversible.

A hole in the ear, is a hole in the ear...it's just personal preference as to size and what jewelry you like. Same with hairstyles, short or long, black or blonde...it's personal preference. :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I wear silicone rings 99% of the time. SUPER comfy to sleep in especially, no stink, and if you get the flesh tone or clear, they don't draw much attention in the workplace either.

I'm wearing these right now...

P237.jpg
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i got to a 2 or 0, and it took like 3 months i think. It smelled really bad and kike got crusty ;-/ kinda nasty. I don't even really know why I did it... and it took about a year for my ears to go back down to a size where I could wear normal earings again... I remember they would hang or fall out. Super disgusting. They still are not fully healed, and i have had them out for almost 2 years.

A guy I know is at a 0, and he said he took his out for over a year, and they never shrank back down.

My best friend was at about 5/8th and she ripped her ear.... :-/

just be careful!
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about plugs, but I would assume silver ones wouldn't smell, since silver is antibacterial.

I don't even know if they make silver ones (but I'm assuming they do)! lol
  • Swampstar
    Options
    I know nothing about plugs, but I would assume silver ones wouldn't smell, since silver is antibacterial.

I don't even know if they make silver ones (but I'm assuming they do)! lol

You can probably get them, but I don't know how much they'd cost! Might be a buy one a year jobbie!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm stretching up a third one now, at 4mm and remembering how much of a pain in the bum it is :|
    *Ahem* I think you've got them in the wrong place.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    cool responses - thanks guys.

i went to my tattoo shop and the piercer went over ~tons~ of info about everything you all mentioned about metals, silicone, wood, sonte, etc etc etc.

Yes, I already have pierced ears but my right hole was all screwed up so I had to get it re-pierced in a slighty different position, trying to match the left side. He did a good job.

I only went to a 12g today and i guess next i'll go to a 8. He said I could go to a 6 but that could sometimes cause damage so 8 on the safe side. Then to a 6 or 4, which is I think the biggest I'm planning on going for now. Of course this may all change as I get bigger.

yay. i'm glad i finally started the process.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm stretching up a third one now, at 4mm and remembering how much of a pain in the bum it is :|
    *Ahem* I think you've got them in the wrong place.

....I wondered if someone was going to call me on that comment XD