MFP daily goal numbers

Options
My girlfriend turned me on to MFP for logging food and its a pretty neat program. We were looking at her goal numbers for her recent week. And each day, the fat and carb goals keep changing. For example. Monday fats are 48, the next day 44, the next 50 and so on. I dont understand how MFP comes up with the numbers to shoot for and why they change from day to day.

Im only using it to logg my food, I have a program Im following, so I never do hit my numbers according to MFP. But its ok, I hit the numbers my program suggest.

Badbull's question
The other part I just dont understand, is how can you eat only 50g of protein a day and maintain your current muscle. She's eat a ton of carbs, too...which is what MPF suggest. Doesn't make sense to me. Are their any trainers that can answer badbulls question?

Replies

• sunnydays33
    sunnydays33 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think her numbers must be changing if she's entering her excercise. I also set MFP to a custom diet of 15% carbs, 45% protein and 40% fat. I tried the MFP way for about 6 weeks and wasn't losing, so I went back to what I know works for me. Regardless, I think most will agree that MFP is too low on protein. Hope that helps!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I also changed my settings to include more protein-- you can edit it under your goals section. Good luck!
  • capturingsmiles
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about entering protein, I dont count calories, I count carbs, but I keep a log here. Im often under my calorie goal, but on target to the Atkins diet. I didnt know we could change logging the protein. I personally just cannot lose on simple carbs (I wish I could, lol!)
  • badbull69
    badbull69 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I didn't know you could change the macro goals...its friday morning, I learned something today. Im calling off from work and going to back to bed!
  • badbull69
    badbull69 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So where do you go to change your taget numbers for proteins carbs...etc.?