Ready to get healthy!

Options
So at my heaviest weight I was somewhere around 170 (I'm 5' 7.5") and this past semester of college I lost 30 pounds in a totally unhealthy way. I started feeling terrible and gained 7 pounds, which is about where I am now. Of course, now I can tell if I'm not careful, I'll be on my way to 170 again, which is just unacceptable for someone my height. I'm ready to do this, but I'm ready to do this right. The problem is now, that I've been trying to diet and exercise healthily and the number on the scale hasn't budged. I'm stuck at 147 and want to get down to my goal weight of 130, but I'm not sure what to do differently. Any support is always appreciated, as are tips and suggestions! Looking forward to a whole new start you guys.

Replies

• rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, we all go through the plateau. So you need to shake up your routine. If you are walking on the treadmill for excise start putting a little more incline on it and do 5 minutes of fast and then 5 of slow and repeat throughout your walk. Make sure you eat a good breakfast and your larger meal at noon then something lighter for supper and cut out the snacks. Up your water intake and cut out the salt. Record everything you eat so you can see what is or isn't working for you. Give yourself a treat every now and then so you don't feel deprived. Laugh hard and play hard and have fun with it. Make it a lifestyle change not a weight loss challenge.
  • adayinthelife66
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I do something similar to what you suggested as far as my exercise routine goes, but it might be time to up the resistance or something similar. I don't drink a whole lot of water, so that could definitely be a factor as well. Again, thanks!
  • jtheroux89
    jtheroux89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm new too and I can totally relate, I'm also 5'7 1/2 (haha) and my highest weight was 170 lbs. I'm currently at 158 and my goal weight is 130. That's great that you've decided to start over with the healthy eating and exercising, it's hard but I'm hoping it'll all pay off. Add me if you'd like!
  • Dragonladykatie
    Options
    I am also 5' 7.5"!!!! I weigh 189 (the highest was 200 :() My doctor told me I should weigh 165 lbs! All of my life (except the past 6 years) I always weighed 125-135. I don't feel comfortable with anything over 140. Do you think it's because I am older? or he doesn't know what he's talking about?