Protein Powder - What's your favorite brand & flavor?

Options

Replies

• Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • barleespringers
    Options
    Progenex - Protein Recovery
  • meggerz007
    Options
    I bought this in chocolate, oh my... not so tasty LOL But, I did figure out that if I mix it with a packet of diet hot chocolate it really hides the flavor.
  • melie_gr
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, double chocolate flavor. One scoop is 24 grams of protein and 120 kcal, with minimal carbs and sugar. My favorite post-workout treat is 1 cup unsweetened almond milk with 1 scoop protein powder. Perfect! :-)

I also have Vega Health Optimizer. It is all natural simple ingredients and it has all sorts of good nutrients. But for one scoop of 120 kcal, it is relatively low in protein (13 grams). Plus, it has an "earthy" taste. I have the vanilla chai flavor and it is good in smoothies but I can't handle it on its own.
  • meggerz007
    Options
    I'm going to try the vanilla =)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the input! I thought my thread had kind of died earlier.

I'm currently using the GNC Wheybolic AMP 60 or whatever. The chocolate is AMAZING. I'm having a hard time wanting to try anything else, but it's on the pricey side so I usually wait until the big tubs are buy one get one 50% off and during my 20% off week as a GNC member.
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Nutrition - Elite Gourmet Protein (Casein/Whey Blend) - Milk Chocolate. I have to use skim milk.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb's whey protein. Its the only one I have seen with the least amount of additives in the ingredients.
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Right now I have Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein in Chocolate. Taste pretty good when mixed with milk. Water is ok. Kind of chalky at the bottom but not to bad. Plus it is cheap $14 for 2 pounds at Wal-Mart.

I might try the Optimum Nutrition Gold next time. I have been seen a lot of great reviews on it.

This (Body Fortress) is what I use in both Chocolate and Strawberry. 26 g of protein and 140 kcal a scoop.
  • monty_williams
    Options
    Muscle Feast Whey Protein Isolate - 105 calories, 26 grams protein per 28 gram scoop. The other 2 grams/1 calorie is non-GMO soy lecithin for emulsion. Cold processed micro and ultra filtered , non-denatured, 90+ isolate. 0 fat, 0 carbs. 6 grams 2:1:1 BCAA per serving.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals whey protein. Triple chocolate. 100cal 15g protien 3g sugar
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Based strictly on taste? GNC Amp 60 chocolate
    Favorite overall? ON Pro Complex

^^^^This^^^
  • Harlin12
    Harlin12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Synth-6, in Chocolate of course.

9144967.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • cindikhendrickson
    Options
    I like Joy Robb's Vanilla Whey Protein powder.
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just started on the itworks profit protein powder and i love it! 100 cal per 24g havent tried the vanilla yet but loving the chocolate. Also love the fact its low in sugar only 1 gram.
  • Terrilee140
    Options
    The chocolate Peanut butter is awesome!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Right now I have Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein in Chocolate. Taste pretty good when mixed with milk. Water is ok. Kind of chalky at the bottom but not to bad. Plus it is cheap $14 for 2 pounds at Wal-Mart.

I might try the Optimum Nutrition Gold next time. I have been seen a lot of great reviews on it.

This is the one I have. I like it. I like the choc/peanut butter flavor. :)
  • busymomto5PA
    Options
    Bump
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Isopure - Creamy Vanilla, 50g protein, 0 carbs, 0 sugar.