650+ burn on turbo fire? Or HRM monitor nuts?

Options
And now I only did strength exercises on the bowflex and it said I burned 330 calories! Granted in between sets I did jumping jacks but still. It was a 1/2 hour workout and the Turbo Fire workout was 55 minutes. It was the Turbo Fire 55EZ video. The watch is a Sportline Cardio 680. I weigh about 130, a little less and I am sixteen so I don't believe that it should be this high? Do you think it is overestimating or is it pretty accurate? Is turbo fire generally that good for burning calories? I love it so far. Not the HRM does have a chest strap!

Replies

• bellace
    Options
    Help?
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Well not sure if I can help completely, but first thing is first. Does you HRM have a chest strap or is it just the kind you wear like a wrist watch? If it does not have a chest strap then they are not near as accurate as the HRM's that do. Second, Turbo Fire is a really intense workout, but since you only weight 130 pounds I can't imagine you burning that many calories unless you are going at it HARD. Generally I burn around 10kcal/minute doing TF and I weight about 155. Hope I was somewhat of a help!

Tracy
  • bellace
    Options
    That's what I thought? I go at it pretty damn hard.. but even then.. I mean really. Yes it is a chest strap too? So that is why I thought it would be REALLY accurate. It has all of my info loaded onto it too. I mean it would be ridiculous to think your burning 10kcal a min and I am burning 20kcal a min. :/
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If it does have a chest strap and all your info entered it might be right then. Since you are younger than me, I'm sure you can put a lot more energy into it than I can:blushing: . If you are doing all the jumping and doing it at a high intensity then you could burn that many calories. If that is the case I have something to aspire to...lol!

Also I was just looking online and from what I can see it looks like the 680 model is for Men? The ones for women have different model numbers, ie 660, 630. If that is the case that might explain why your calorie burn is so high.
  • bellace
    Options
    Its super new. I tried to find reviews online and I couldn't. :/ It is womens tough! Light blue and it says right on it so maybe. And I do do all of the jumping. In the beginning I couldnt trust me.. but now I can easily do the tucks that I couldnt do three weeks ago. Either wayThank you for your help!
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I need my own HRM with a chest strap ;_;. I used my husband's HRM set to my settings whenever I did TF, and for the longer workouts it was ALWAYS high like that - in the 550-700 range. Of course, his was a wrist one, so I'm not 100% sure of the accuracy, but it always made me feel good ;-)
  • mcbrika
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Fire for over a year and crush it hard. I'm 120 lbs, 5 ft 2", but 37 yrs old. Most I've ever burned is 300 calories during the Fire 60. I know for a fact that HRM's are not accurate during weight training as your heart rate has to be above a certain level for a certain amount of time. Not exactly what those time limits/levels are, perhaps an internet search will give you that answer. I've read that the Bodybug and arm band devices like that are more accurate for lower intensity activity. So a combination of the 2 would be better, but also more expensive.