how to reach my goal weight by my goal date?

Options
I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 109. Right now, I am somewhere around 135. I aim to lose this weight by June 8th (the day I get out of school-marking the start of summer for me). Any tips besides exercise on how to reach this? Any tricks people use? Is it realistic? How do you keep yourself motivated? I'm not trying to starve myself or anything

Replies

• ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I lost 30 pounds in less than 4 months and the only exercise I did was 20 to 30 minutes on the treadmill 5 times a week. I ate pretty good during the week, sticking with 1200 cals but every weekend I had a full cheat day where I ate whatever I wanted and drank too.
  • mk345
    mk345 Posts: 24
    Options
    not to be rude, but how much did you weigh before that weight loss?
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I also lost 30 pounds within 3-4 months. I was not much a workout-er, but Just sticking to the 1200 calories is what really makes the difference. Now I'm working on toning my body and getting rid of the last few pounds. Good luck!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4". I started out at 169 lbs, lost 20 for my wedding in about 4 months. Then I gained some back when my husband left for basic training, got back on the wagon and just reached my goal weight of 135. The biggest thing for me has been netting 1200-1500 calories per day. I have exercised some, but I have a disability that limits what I can do so I focused mainly on diet. I swapped unhealthy foods for healthier versions and I still allow myself things I crave just in very small portions. The biggest thing I can tell you is that you need to make changes that you'll be able to keep up long term.
  • annielizstan
    annielizstan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    If you're exercising more on one day, you may need to eat more to fuel that workout.you need to eat to reach your goal weight.
    you eat the right things at the right time.
    you eat to keep balanced weight
    The goal is to reach a weight loss of about 0.5-2 pounds per week so that your body has time to adjust and you're more likely to keep the weight off in the long term.
    It will help to weight loss.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Assuming a weight loss of 1% body weight per week, it would take you 22 weeks to reach your goal weight (minus some time depending on how much water weight you lose).

123.25 lb is a realistic fixed-date goal weight.

Your goal weight of 109 lb is also a BMI of 18.71 - are you sure being that close to underweight is even possible without your body losing muscle mass and/or bone density?

ETA: 107.75 lb would be underweight by BMI, and the average person's daily weight fluctuation is +/- 2-5 lb. If you reach your goal weight you will be fluctuating between a normal BMI and an underweight one.