by summer..

Options
so im just checking to make sure this is realistic..
im 5'6, small body frame, and currently weigh 147.
by summer **June** i'd like to be about 118. but it depends that might look too skinny for me. is it possible? 29lb in 4 months? i eat 1200 a day. sometimes 1400 at most, on the day i exercise. i do 1-2hrs of exercise everytime i workout, i workout about 5-6 days a week. i do taebo and callenetics/strecthing yoga for dance... and occasional elliptical machine. my bmi is currently healthy. i just want to get off the extra pounds. i dont know if this means anything but im waist is 28 inches. and my hips are 35. can this determine my bodyfat%? sorry i threw a lot out there. is this realistic?

Replies

• brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    anybody anybodyyyy :) ?
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    That might be too big a bite.
    I get that you want that summer beach body.
    My fear is self-sabotage and just making things worse.
    Do what you think is right, but my take is that you are setting yourself up for a setback.
    I hope I am wrong, and if I am, be sure to rub my nose in it.

Oh, and check body fat here
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
  • brighteyesxluv
    Options
    Do what you think is right, but my take is that you are setting yourself up for a setback.

do you mean that the weight for my high is too litle? or do you just mean that it may be tough to lose it by summer? sorry i as just confused. but thank you :)
  • nataliemae2011
    nataliemae2011 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds realistic but dont be suprise if you don't lose wieght on the scale so fast because your gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Once the muscle gets going should burn more fat. Lots of water, your goal seems realistic to me i would aim for 125 or 120 though.
  • brighteyesxluv
    Options
    so my body fat is 19.6% is that bad or good or just okay?
  • veg1200
    Options
    I would say for your body, somewhere around 124 or 125 might be more attractive. and losing over 7 lbs a month is a little unrealistic. I would try to lose 20lbs by summer. that's more responsible

and your body fat % is good. I wish mine was that low!
  • brighteyesxluv
    Options
    I think it sounds realistic but dont be suprise if you don't lose wieght on the scale so fast because your gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Once the muscle gets going should burn more fat. Lots of water, your goal seems realistic to me i would aim for 125 or 120 though.

thanks:) and yes i may readjust my goal. i want to look "perfect" but not skin and bones. thats nasty. i just want a nice little body is all.
  • nataliemae2011
    nataliemae2011 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    just make sure to eat clean as well.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    Well it's recommended it's best you lose 1-2 pounds a week at the most.....you say 4 months, thats 16 weeks. If you were to lose 1.5 - 2 pounds a week, you'd be very close to your goal weight.

While it's nice to have goals, I wouldnt stress yourself out with a strict deadline. Keep following your 1200-1400 eating plan and working out! I'm sure by summertime you'll be feeling so much better!! Regardless of the exact number on the scale :smile:
  • batesss
    Options
    I find it much too daunting and limiting to set date/weight goals (personally). I think it sets you up to fail, unless they are super realistic.

Consider instead goals like:

-By summer I want to feel comfortable in a two piece bathing suit (which might be at 118, or might be at 120 or even 135)
    -By summer I want to be in the habit of going to the gym five days per week
    -By summer I want to have done (#) of crunches
    -By summer I want to have met daily goals for fruit, vegetable and water intake

Set goals that you can definitely control day by day, month by month. And although you can control your weight, you never know when your body will hit a plateau or when you will have a rough week (TOM).
  • brighteyesxluv
    Options
    I would say for your body, somewhere around 124 or 125 might be more attractive. and losing over 7 lbs a month is a little unrealistic. I would try to lose 20lbs by summer. that's more responsible

yes:) my goal is 118 now but thats subject to change once im in my "120s" and then i'lll decide from how my body looks when i get there. but you definitely think i could lose 20 by summer?
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

do you mean that the weight for my high is too litle? or do you just mean that it may be tough to lose it by summer? sorry i as just confused. but thank you :)
    MFP recommends 1 pound per week weight loss, and I don't think this goal is reasonable.
    Large deficits are unhealthy, because while you will lose weight, what's the quality of the weight loss?
    In many cases you'll lose lean body mass - MUSCLE - which LOWERS your metabolic rate, making weight loss harder.
    Then you have to lower calories even more to compensate, and the cycle continues.

Take the time to lose 1 pound per week, and be content with that.
    The results will be healthy and lasting.
  • brighteyesxluv
    Options
    am i eating the right amount of calories? any other suggestions or tips:) thanks so much to everyone.
  • brighteyesxluv
    Options
    so far i've lost 6 pounds. week 1-2 i lost 5 pounds. week 3: i lost 1.1lb. i think ill lose about 1-1.5lb aweek. i dont care if not all my weight is off my summer. maybe like the last 5-8lb. but ill definitely see improvement by then? i want to be in the 120s hopefully by june at least.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat.

:noway: :noway: :noway: NOOOOOO!!!!!!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

A pound is a pound! A pound of muscle is SMALLER than a pound of fat, but it weighs (duh!) a pound!!!!
  • brighteyesxluv
    Options

MFP recommends 1 pound per week weight loss, and I don't think this goal is reasonable.
    Large deficits are unhealthy, because while you will lose weight, what's the quality of the weight loss?
    In many cases you'll lose lean body mass - MUSCLE - which LOWERS your metabolic rate, making weight loss harder.
    Then you have to lower calories even more to compensate, and the cycle continues.

Take the time to lose 1 pound per week, and be content with that.
    The results will be healthy and lasting.

MFP says i should eat 1200 cals. so i eat them and sometimes extra when i workout. im confused on the deficit thing. i just don't understand what that means is all. could you explain it please? :) thanks a lot. im sorry im asking so much. i guess ive just been a little confused.
  • veg1200
    Options

yes:) my goal is 118 now but thats subject to change once im in my "120s" and then i'lll decide from how my body looks when i get there. but you definitely think i could lose 20 by summer?

for sure!! That's my plan :)
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I set out with the hopes of reaching my goal by June, based on my initial rate of losing 2 lbs a week. Then I plateaued and barely lost in January. And now after much reading, I have readjusted my expectations and goals. Still working as hard, but now I see that it's not reasonable to lose 2 lbs a week consistently at the weight I am. And you are WAY closer to your goal weight than I am.

I bet with all of your exercise, you will build muscle and strength that you will look fabulous regardless of how many pounds you drop. :happy:
  • brighteyesxluv
    Options
    I set out with the hopes of reaching my goal by June, based on my initial rate of losing 2 lbs a week. Then I plateaued and barely lost in January. And now after much reading, I have readjusted my expectations and goals. Still working as hard, but now I see that it's not reasonable to lose 2 lbs a week consistently at the weight I am. And you are WAY closer to your goal weight than I am.

I bet with all of your exercise, you will build muscle and strength that you will look fabulous regardless of how many pounds you drop. :happy:

thank you!! :)) and good luck!! :)
  • Joe_2012
    Options
    all i can say is, why don't you start by losing weight and than when you think you look good you can stop dieting?
    that's just how i feel. you never know, maybe if you hit 120lbs, you would like it better than if you were to lose more than that, just saying.