Looking for fitness buddies my age and approx weight

Options
Hi! I'm Cat and I'm fairly new to my fitness pal. I've been on the sight for a few weeks and It's interesting to see how my eating habbits need to change. I haven't been too overweight, but I have a few pounds I'd like to lose in order to become a better me. I weigh 148 pounds now (I just lost two pounds on the site) and am 5 feet 7 inches. I'm 18 and still in high school dreading the talk about the freshmen ten of college.

I try to work out almost every day for about an hour. I really like to dance off calories and I go walking a lot. I'm working to change my eating habbits from slighty bad to better. Sometimes it's hard to find activities that keep me motivated, or finding healthy foods that will help me stay filled and energized. Let me know if you wanna be friends! I could really use some opinions and support!

Replies

• HoopoeBird
    HoopoeBird Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kayla. I'm 18, 5'8 and 126 pounds. I'm also looking too only lose a few pounds (only 4 more to go!). I DID gain 10 pounds when I went to college. I didn't think it would happen to me but it's amazing how it can creep up on you.

The best advice I can give is eat A LOT of fruits and veggies, and less of everything else. Work out at least 3 times a week. You'll be golden :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    *kicks rocks* I'm too old and weigh more. Oh well.
  • eros8801
    eros8801 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and 150. I work at a desk and I'm pretty sure my commute in the evening is when I lose motivation to work out. I'm also not sure how sitting and looking at a computer all day makes me so tired-- but it DOES. :indifferent:
  • Lisamba09
    Options
    Good luck. I would love to have some friends and currently have ZIP. I have 40 lbs to lose that have been the same 40 lbs for two years I have been fighting. It is disheartening. I could use some support. I have worked out with a personal trainer since August 2011 3-4x a week. So far I am down 6% bodyfat. But still fighting the same 40 lbs. I joined weight watchers for all of two months but this "tracking points" nonsense was not working. My trainer wants me to monitor calories, fat, etc.
    Thank goodness I found this site. This site is awesome and I loaded the app on my Droid X
  • ARiddleForTwo
    Options
    that freshman 10 *cough 25 cough* will sneak up on you, trust me. good thing you're getting into healthy habits before you leave!
  • Cath2016
    Options
    I know exactly how sitting in front of a computer makes you tired. I think it has to do with eyestrain and brain power. After I write a paper, I'm absolutely done. A long ride home WOULD be discouraging! You could try changing seats between stops just to get moving. I tend to do that when I'm on buses or metros.
  • jessilynn1982
    jessilynn1982 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm also just starting out and looking to lose 15 pounds! :)
  • jessilynn1982
    jessilynn1982 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give is eat A LOT of fruits and veggies, and less of everything else. Work out at least 3 times a week. You'll be golden :)

I LOVE how you simplified the whole process. I've been browsing the forums this last week and I think I've been on too much information overload lately! Complicating it way more then it needs to be! :)
  • closet_fatty
    Options
    Hey I'm Vanessa. I'm 19 and 5.6'' currently I weight 145 lbs, and I've already been through the freshman 15. It's mostly just stress eating, so if you get the good habits now, you should do well. I have lost 5 pounds already and have 17 more to go. So, feel free to add me as well.
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and 150. I work at a desk and I'm pretty sure my commute in the evening is when I lose motivation to work out. I'm also not sure how sitting and looking at a computer all day makes me so tired-- but it DOES. :indifferent:

Other than the age, you're the female version of me. Computer all day, commute home, and then no motivation for the evening. Hang in there. I'm hoping that will change once we lose the weight.

--PixarDad
  • brandonrdn
    Options
    Really the only thing I can say is to plan going to the gym right when you get home. That means go home, change into gym clothes, and leave. Do NOT sit down, lay down, turn on the tv, etc. Once you sit down or turn on the TV it's a lot easier to lose the urge to go to the gym or to not get it at all. Either that or go to bed earlier, and wake up earlier to go to the gym before work.
  • Tamapii
    Options
    Really the only thing I can say is to plan going to the gym right when you get home. That means go home, change into gym clothes, and leave. Do NOT sit down, lay down, turn on the tv, etc. Once you sit down or turn on the TV it's a lot easier to lose the urge to go to the gym or to not get it at all. Either that or go to bed earlier, and wake up earlier to go to the gym before work.

SO true!! Putting on the gym clothes really helps, I find.