What dvds are great for toning/strength training?

Options
I just began my weight loss journey and let me say I'm soooo inspired by all of you whether you've lost a pound or 100+. It all takes the same drive and dedication... that said, I just want to know which are the best dvd for toning esp. since being overweight most of my life, I really want to begin now... pictures anyone? Thanks.

Replies

• shannon4health
    Options
    T-Tapp:)

by Teresa Tapp:)

I have her Total Body Workout and it is awesome!!! I see results when I do it...she has science and medical descriptions behind all of her workouts. you can go to her website and there is a community there and I love to do the Hoe Downs. A few months ago I was doing hoe downs (takes 3 minutes) after each meal and i was losing.

I just joined the gym b/c I love dancing and I have taken Zumba 2 times this week:) I really like and I joined the gym..HOWEVER I am thinking about just sticking with T-Tapp b/c I have 95 pounds to shed and with Teresa I know it will come off:) and it only takes 15-25 minutes per day and most people only have to do it a few times a week to maintain.

I just starting getting serious about my weight loss journey on January 4th , I am no expert but if you are looking for something that will boost your confidence and give you energy TTAPP is the way:)

Blessings,
    Shannon
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I've used a combination of P90X and Insanity. Now I'd doing P90X2. All have been good programs.
  • BrookieS81
    BrookieS81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just began working out too! I like the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. She has a bunch of other DVD's out, but this is the only one I own. She has a newer one, and it has good reviews on Amazon.com. If you are just starting, 30 Day Shred would be a good start. I used to do Walk Away the Pounds too, but it was boring and long. I believe you may burn more with Jillian.