lemon water

Options
2»

Replies

• aa323
    aa323 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know lemon does something in your digestive system that helps you absorb antioxidants and such from tea. I read about it when I was doing a research paper on the health benefits of tea for school (so I was using "scientific, peer-reviewed literature"). But that doesn't really answer the weight loss question.
  • chandishi
    Options
    http://www.outofstress.com/lemon-water-lose-weight/ it seems a good information on use of lemon juice for weightloss
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I know lemon does something in your digestive system that helps you absorb antioxidants and such from tea. I read about it when I was doing a research paper on the health benefits of tea for school (so I was using "scientific, peer-reviewed literature"). But that doesn't really answer the weight loss question.

THAT I'd actually believe... maybe :P It makes a bit more sense to me than the pH thing, since it's possible that the citric acid binds to whatever and helps absorption.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    A mortician told me to drink lots of lemon water. He didn't know much about the lemon part, but he told me every single one of his customers had drunk water a time or two, and they'd lightened up considerable after he'd had 'em awhile.
    And a couple of 5 year old entrepreneurs encouraged me to drink lemon water. They were selling it for a nickel a glass, and they didn't weigh near what I do.
  • LemonDiva
    Options
    For me it's about cutting that sweet expectation and craving... lemon juice spritz just seems to make me crave sugar less and when i then have something sweet it tastes so sweet i don't want as much...

I enjoy lemon our lime juice with ice cubes in carbonated filtered water (love my soda stream)

It cleanses the palate so food tastes better and I think it helps clear the complexion - i may be obese but i have great skin!

But then i love anything lemon... after all I am Lemondiva!!!