Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercises at work?

2»

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    .......laughing.....Has everyone heard of the hula chair..... it's hilarious!!! but not very practical.

On the more practical side, look at a stability ball chair... I am... as soon as I get below 250 (weight limit on ball)...

My colleague says it has been GREAT for her core....

Thoughts?

I don't know but I think just conciously (sp) sitting up straighter and holding your belly in and chest out could help with this and is free :tongue: I noticed that if I am not conscious of my posture it is slouchy and my rolls are all over the place.
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 146 Member
    Just like hope516 everytime I go to the bathroom I do 20 push ups (wall ups is what I call them lol) against the wall! By the end of my 8 hour shift yesterday I had done 100!! Needless to say I can feel the burn in my arms!
  • katmac67
    katmac67 Posts: 2 Member
    I work in a tall building, 22 stories, so in the winter, I climb the stairs at lunch..
  • plaid405
    plaid405 Posts: 33 Member
    I walk at lunch and do squats, pushups and dips in my office. I try to add one new thing a week to my routine.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    I keep a pair of trainers in my desk at lunchtime to power walk for up to 40 minutes (no showers so can't run!). I've also been known to carry a heavy-resistance exercise band in my handbag so I can sneak in some resistance training!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I climb 40-60 flights of stairs a day. Every hour or so, I just get up from my desk and go for a walk around the building.
  • I incorporate brisk walking when I can, I do squats in my office I also strech my muscles. Some form of movement is better than zero. Walk the office halls as often as you can and remember to do it in a brisk form, park as far from your office and take stairs as often as you can.
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    I didn't see this mentioned anywhere- but ladies- don't forget your Kegels!! LOL
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Having to sit around on my butt for so many hours of the day has been a source of frustration to me for years. I finally solved it by getting a Fitdesk so that I can pedal while I'm on the computer all day. Love it.
  • Here's another idea for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Trek-TD-01-TrekDesk-Treadmill-Desk/dp/B002IYRBI0

The Treadmill Desk. :-)
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    I sit on an exercise ball and try to do 25 crunches every half hour throughout the 8 hour day. I also walk 30-40mins on my lunch break. When I'm not on the phone, I'll do lunges and squats, pushups (against my desk because I don't want to get on the floor), and dips. I make sure to drink a lot of water so it reminds me to get up, and if I'm not too busy I'll go use a bathroom on a different floor to get some stairs in.
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    I drink a lot of water so when I have to pee every hour I take the longest route to and from the farthest bathroom in the building. Some of my co-workers look at me weird and wonder why I am always walking on the wrong side of the building but I just say the other bathroom was full (there is a bathroom like 10 feet from my office). I also alternate between squats, lunges and sink-pushups with each bathroom break. I am also extremely fidgetty at my desk ... I am pretty sure the people around me think I am just a nervous/anxious wreck but 'oh well'! I do leg lifts and stretches while I am typing or on the phone. I also sometimes stand and pace in my office while reading case files. I am thinking about bringing a resistence band to work for when I am on those long conference calls.

Although I am sure the entire building thinks I am 'that weird girl' all my co-workers enjoy seeing me walking around and stop me to chit-chat and they also comment on how the weight seems to be melting off. I even have some of the "skinny girls" coming to talk with me about how to change their work-outs and 1 rather fit co-worker made me feel amazing because she loved the dress I was wearing so much that when she saw me she said "I love that dress ... what size is it? I wonder if it would look as good on me? Can I borrow it?" LOL - she wears a size 10 and the dress was a 16! I was previously a 20/22 so the tight size 16 dress already was making me feel great but her thinking she could actually borrow my clothes just made me feel amazing the whole day!!!
  • I picked up this book 'Fitting in Fitness' from the book exchange at the Y, it has some pretty good ideas. http://www.amazon.com/American-Heart-Association-Fitting-Fitness/dp/081292911X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328795018&sr=1-1