bacon????

Options
2»

Replies

• leanmachinedream
    Options
    Research shows that your body needs at least 250 calorie breakfast to kick start your metabolism which is why they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Ill have to see how well my bacon and eggs works but so far im very happy

At least 250 calories? I'll have to remember that. I eat breakfast every morning but it's usually small. I love eggs and bacon. I thought about finding some low sodium bacon to make my own breakfast sandwiches. My days always went better when I made a homemade mcmuffin.
  • JEDIMASTER1
    Options
    I have one egg and two strips of bacon 5 days a week. I feel fuller as well and I am enjoying it!! Keep up the great work!
  • slayerdan
    Options
    Unless someone posts links to acceptable places, NEVER take what you see here referred to as "research". I do research part time and am amazed at the way people will let those words sway them...."research shows" means crap. Its no better than "they said". Just a FYI for the ppl that live and die by MFP message boards.
  • camiann585
    camiann585 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and Trader Joe's Turkey Bacon (sprinkled with cinnamon).
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Only TURKEY bacon for me................the pig is a nasty animal! BLAH not to start a pork thing but........
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bacon is amazing in just about everything and adds deliciousness to otherwise boring health food. Spinach salad? Boring. Spinach salad with bacon? Yum.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I do the turkey bacon but not every morning. I switch it up between oatmeal, cereal and other things.

I never really liked bacon until I started keeping track of calories a few years back and found out that breakfast sausage had way more calories than bacon. I figured they were about the same.
  • sharonuk10
    Options
    We may be talking about two different kinds of bacon. I believe that bacon in the UK is different from what we have in the states. I'm just guessing that the original poster is British since he said "rasher". In the US we eat streaky bacon, the UK usually has back bacon, I think. I could be wrong.

You are right.. A rash is one piece of bacon (back bacon as you say) I too am guessing the OP is British or lives in the UK at least. I have Oscar Mayer 'American Style Bacon' ie streaky bacon 3 times a week. My husband has the back bacon with the excess fat cut off (Sainsburys be good to yourself brand).
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I eat low sodium turkey bacon by Butterball Delicious and Low Cal

Turkey should never get rights to be called "bacon"
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BACON!!!! I love it, love it, love it!

Sorry, I had to mention that. But yep, I'll do eggs and bacon (along with a couple other things) for breakfast. I just LOVE bacon!
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    i dont like turkey bacon! maybe im trying the wrong kind. what brand do you guys recommend
  • 123fizz
    Options
    If I have 2 rashers (slices) of back bacon on 2 slices of bread for breakfast I feel full all morning and don't feel tempted to snack.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Research shows that your body needs at least 250 calorie breakfast to kick start your metabolism which is why they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Ill have to see how well my bacon and eggs works but so far im very happy

Curious which research you are referring to?
    Sources?
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Only TURKEY bacon for me................the pig is a nasty animal! BLAH not to start a pork thing but........

Oh, you just started a pork thing. Pork is the most delicious food on earth. Turkey bacon ain't bacon it's at best turkey ham.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I eat low sodium turkey bacon by Butterball Delicious and Low Cal

Turkey should never get rights to be called "bacon"

^^^ THIS !!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I don't have bacon and eggs for breakfast but it's just because I'm rarely hungry in the mornings and I don't like eggs or bacon very much.

Do what??? LOL Don't listen to this ^^^^
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    To us Brits....bacon is the key to a good hearty but very unhealthy fried breakfast- You cant have a slap up hangover cureing grease dripping breakfast without bacon.

I have tried turkey bacon and to me it resembles bland cardboard

The pig is the holy grail to bacon
  • StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon a couple times a week. I also eat 5 egg whites and 1 whole egg for breakfast, no breads! Eating the egg whites only, saves like 600 cholestrol, 22 fat, and 250 calories, so I can have more to eat in the morning.

Ive lost 20 lbs in 30 days. Im sure my eating habits are not for everyone, but i eat three meals a day at about 300 calories each, I am not hungry during the day. I dont eat carbs or sugar unless it is in the food naturally, like veges.
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have converted to Butterball Thin and Crispy Turkey Bacon. Only 30 calories for two slices. It takes some getting used to but now I think it's delicious!