How often do you weight your self?

Options
2»

Replies

• lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I weight in every day (addicted) and log it in as a "food note" but official weigh in day is Saturday, that is what I enter into MFP. I am amazed at how it fluctuates day to day
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day too. But a quick check in the morning. I log in my weight every wednesday morning though, and try not to let little fluctuations mess with my head too much :)

12854723.png
  • lorri68
    lorri68 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    hi you should weight you self the same time same day once a week best in the morning before breakfast. if you weigh all the time you wont get the right results because of things like fluid it changes all the time.
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Once a week, first thing in the morning with nothing on and after using the bathroom. It can fluctuate a lot! Just for the heck of it I weighed before bed last night and it said 155.4 and this morning was 150.4. I'll take the 150.4 :tongue:
  • cotso
    cotso Posts: 86
    Options
    I only weigh myself when I notice differences in my body. Either my arms feel tighter, belly flatter or is I just feel more alert than usual and full of energy. I know I'm doing something right so I hop on the scale and 9 times out of 10 my weight went down! But if I had to guess, I prob weigh myself every 4-5 weeks.
  • daffy_girl
    Options
    I weigh twice a week...Monday morning and Friday morning. I like to see how good or bad the weekend was for me.
  • oriors
    oriors Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I dont have scales, so I don't wieght myself that often I'm not even sure now how mcuh I do, I know everytime we get batteries in the wii fit, and everytime I happen to see one in a house I visit, last time I weighed was new years :}

But maybe once a week, once every two weeks if you are trying to loose weight and get healthy, otherwise you will get obsessed :}
  • Edwardcjr
    Options
    I generally weigh myself at the end of the week.
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on a saturday morning. I then allow myself a small treat on saturday night and then have the rest of the week to burn it off!
  • jmcwinks
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week. Tues and Friday's. Tues gives your body a few days to adjust to anything you might have eaten on the weekend and Friday begins youe weekend! Works for me...
  • kerrydunning
    Options
    i found once a week perfect for me
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week. Tues and Friday's. Tues gives your body a few days to adjust to anything you might have eaten on the weekend and Friday begins youe weekend! Works for me...
    I do this too! My "official weigh-in" is on Friday at my TOPS meetings.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    For an "official" weigh in, once a week which has now become Monday morning and I've tended to check again Monday evening to see what fluctuation may have occurred.

I do check here and there during the week just to see what's happening, but the one I pay attention to and record is the first thing Monday morning weigh in :)
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Official weigh-in once a week but I check my progress every day. Studies have shown that people who weigh themselves every day actually have better success with weight loss than those that only weigh-in once a week, despite what you may hear otherwise. It has something to do with being committed to tracking your progress. However, you can't get emotionally caught up in the routine daily fluctuations. I've got some information on my blog also at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/shivaslives/view/confessions-of-a-scale-aholic-171304

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Every morning; keeps me on track. But official weigh in day is on Fridays.
  • TanyaCurtis
    Options
    Every 6 weeks!!!! But used to Everyday!
  • AshleyWells86
    AshleyWells86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every sunday morning at 9am, very precise!
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day I go to the gym. I don't have a home scale because I don't trust their accuracy. I track that weight on another app. I only log in here when I go for my weigh-ins on Thursdays. My understanding is that eventually I'll be scaled down to going in every two weeks. Not sure what my plan will be then. Perhaps I'll use my gym weigh-in for the interim week. I only do the daily weighs to make sure the arrow is still heading downward. If I don't eat enough it will head upward and that's a sign to increase my calories.