Not losing weight or inches

Options
Hi guys,

I am fairly new to MFP. I have been keeping a journal since the beginning of this year and trying to maintain my calorie. I will be honest that I havent been able to stay within my 1280 calories everyday, but, with my work-out calories, I was usually very close to it. I am working out almost 5 times per week too. However, I have not lost a single pound, nor have I shrunk in size. I measure my arms, thighs, waist, buttock and also the width of my tummy around my naval. But nothing is working. Please give me some suggestions!

Replies

• biddikrouton
    Options
    I wish I could help! I'm having the same problem... or nearly the same. I've been logging my calories for a few months now, and initially I dropped 12 pounds in a reasonable amount of time, but for the last 3 or so weeks, the scale hasn't moved. I've been very good about keeping close to my calorie goal, and it's just not moving. I excercise a couple times a week. I tried using my fitness pal before and dropped 29lbs! Why isn't it working now?
    I'll be interested in any help anyone can provide also.
    Thanks!
  • clem7444
    clem7444 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Biddi, I can't see your diary, so I have no thoughts on why you're having problems, but, longhorn, I went back to January 27th in your diary: 4 days were not logged or not logged for all meals (stopped after breakfast or lunch). From personal experience, when I don't log, it's because I went over my calories and didn't know how to log all that. If that is true for you, then you are over on calories more days in those that I looked at than you are under. Secondly, your diary doesn't track sodium, but it looks as if you eat a lot of prepackaged foods. Try tracking sodium and keep under your goal. Third, you don't track/don't get your water. Try to track this for a couple of days and see if it makes a difference.

Of course, there is always the possibility that you are under-estimating calories eaten and/or over-estimating exercise calories burned, which would affect loss.

My final thought, in terms of inches lost: What kind of workouts are you doing? Are you lifting weights? Are you meeting your target heart rate zone?

Hope these thoughts help.