What kind of LOSER are you?

Options
Nich0le
Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
Ok, I am reading a book and you may not agree with any of this but I thought I would throw it out there.

Apparently there are 3 "diet types"....

Type A
These are people whom many consider "lucky". They are able to loosely follow a diet taking liberties by eating foods that are not part of the program and do little or no exercise yet they still loose weight (my husband...grr). This type can go on and of diets at their leisure and always be succesful. Possible reasons someone may be a type A is a fast metabolism or their bodies simply respond better to food changes.

Type B
These people have to work hard and follow a diet plan to the letter to achieve their goal. This type can eat healthy and do all the exercise required or recommended and lose only a small amount of weight. This type can go a day or two not following a program and it's guidelines and suffer major setbacks. Comparison would be type a loses 6 lbs while type b loses only 3 or 4 in the same time frame, yet type b has worked harder and ate better. Possible reasons you may be a type b is a slower metabolism, adverse hormonal conditions or a body that quickly adjusts to eating and exercise routines (your body is more efficient adapting to change) and you burn less calories.

Type C
These people consider themselves to be very "unlucky". They work harder than anyone else, rarely (if ever) stray from a programs guidelines for food and exercise yet their weight loss is modest at best. This type tends to fare well at the start of a program but quickly "hit a wall" regardless of changes they make to bust through that wall they remain in a stand still. Several weeks of this lack of progress is why frustration sets in and this type of dieter tends to spend a lot of time focusing on what they are doing wrong. Reason you might be a type c is internal physiology (which you have little control over), most common is an underactive thryroid (hypothyroid) and medication taken for this can make weight loss very difficult and have a very slow metabolism. If type A loses 6 lbs and type B loses 3-4 this dieter will only loose 1-2 in the same amount of time.

Most people fall into the type B category, I know I do. When I really gave it a good thinking I know that any downfalls or walls I have hit have been from me not doing what I need to do every single day to be succesful in losing weight. So....no more excuses! :happy:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am reading a book and you may not agree with any of this but I thought I would throw it out there.

Apparently there are 3 "diet types"....

Type A
    These are people whom many consider "lucky". They are able to loosely follow a diet taking liberties by eating foods that are not part of the program and do little or no exercise yet they still loose weight (my husband...grr). This type can go on and of diets at their leisure and always be succesful. Possible reasons someone may be a type A is a fast metabolism or their bodies simply respond better to food changes.

Type B
    These people have to work hard and follow a diet plan to the letter to achieve their goal. This type can eat healthy and do all the exercise required or recommended and lose only a small amount of weight. This type can go a day or two not following a program and it's guidelines and suffer major setbacks. Comparison would be type a loses 6 lbs while type b loses only 3 or 4 in the same time frame, yet type b has worked harder and ate better. Possible reasons you may be a type b is a slower metabolism, adverse hormonal conditions or a body that quickly adjusts to eating and exercise routines (your body is more efficient adapting to change) and you burn less calories.

Type C
    These people consider themselves to be very "unlucky". They work harder than anyone else, rarely (if ever) stray from a programs guidelines for food and exercise yet their weight loss is modest at best. This type tends to fare well at the start of a program but quickly "hit a wall" regardless of changes they make to bust through that wall they remain in a stand still. Several weeks of this lack of progress is why frustration sets in and this type of dieter tends to spend a lot of time focusing on what they are doing wrong. Reason you might be a type c is internal physiology (which you have little control over), most common is an underactive thryroid (hypothyroid) and medication taken for this can make weight loss very difficult and have a very slow metabolism. If type A loses 6 lbs and type B loses 3-4 this dieter will only loose 1-2 in the same amount of time.

Most people fall into the type B category, I know I do. When I really gave it a good thinking I know that any downfalls or walls I have hit have been from me not doing what I need to do every single day to be succesful in losing weight. So....no more excuses! :happy:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I think I am a B
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I'm a B too... I wish I was an A! (Then again, if I were an A, I probably wouldnt be in this mess :tongue: )
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    B+ or C-? It took forever for me to lose my weight, but all my tests for hypothyroid and other things come back just fine. I never ever lost a pound a week, or even close to it. But, slowly but surely, it came off.

I know it's a sin, but if you are an A, I secretly hate you. Just kidding. Mostly.:wink:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a B....I have to be very strict with diet and exercise to see results. Just from blowing it on Easter, I gained a pound back...it's gone again now, but I've been kicking major butt on the workouts this week.

I'd rather have a consistent metabolism than a fast one...at least I won't have to worry about my metabolism catching up with me when I am 40.
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    i dont know what the heck i am because I cant loose weight.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    B/C.
    Three months of increasing exercise from 30 min 3x wk to 45-90 minutes of carido daily plus strength a few days a week, eating a healthy, reduced calorie diet. According to the guidelines and recommendations I should be losing 1-2 pounds per week, should be down 12-18lbs by now. Pounds actually lost:8. Very frustrating. It makes my goal of dropping 30 seem nearly impossible.