I want to help.. let me know if it does

Options
I posted this a couple of minutes ago but not many views.... I want to help. Let me know if it does...

I have read on so many peoples pages that they go out to eat and blow their allowed calorie intake out of the water... I myself have done it. I came across an article in the the 'First' magazine... just send a text message saying "food ___" to (HEALTH) 432584... for example french fries you would text "food french fries" or a baked potato would be "food baked potato", and within seconds you get a reply with the calorie count. So while your out you can stay on top of it. Oh it's free too.. aside from your regular texting charges. I hope this helps... I have programed the number in my cell phone.... I go to battle in full armor now.

Replies

• rockchic9382
    Options
    Maybe I'm stupid but what exactly do you put in for the texting number? Just the 432484? I tried that but it didn't work...said I needed a 10 digit number.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Oh, WOW!!! How awesome!! Thanks! :happy:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I posted one a while ago too.

Here's the info on that one.

You text the name of a restaurant and the menu item you're interested in to DIET1, or 34381. In theory, the site returns the nutritional information for the food you entered, including calories, fat, carbohydrates, and protein. If you're doing Weight Watchers, you can add "Points" or even "pts" to your query and get the Weight Watchers rating, as well.
  • proctor0828
    proctor0828 Posts: 179
    Options
    Maybe I'm stupid but what exactly do you put in for the texting number? Just the 432484? I tried that but it didn't work...said I needed a 10 digit number.

You just type the word - Food (then your food) and send it to 432584
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. The Health one is working for me, but every time I try Diet1, it says it's an invalid #. Please use a 10 digit #. Any suggestions?
  • proctor0828
    proctor0828 Posts: 179
    Options
    I posted one a while ago too.

Here's the info on that one.

You text the name of a restaurant and the menu item you're interested in to DIET1, or 34381. In theory, the site returns the nutritional information for the food you entered, including calories, fat, carbohydrates, and protein. If you're doing Weight Watchers, you can add "Points" or even "pts" to your query and get the Weight Watchers rating, as well.

That is great, though I tried it and it only returned and error number message.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    that's so cool I did chicken wing and it said 406 calories for 1 cup chopped
    and nonfat mocha - and it came back 174 cal for 12 oz - that's awesome!

Thanks a bunch!
  • SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just tried it, and it works! Thanks for the info!!!! :happy:

103332.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • AmyT88
    AmyT88 Posts: 239
    Options
    I tried the DIET1 text and I got an error message :(
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    omgggg amazing!!!
  • AmyT88
    AmyT88 Posts: 239
    Options
    Ugh! I tried the other # and it worked but I was wondering how much a vanilla bean frappichino from Starbucks is....and I got a blue bunny thing.

I really wish the DIET1 one would work. I think chosing the resturant would be more accurate than just the food itself as each place prepares their food differently. If any one has gotten the DIET1 to work let me know!!
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    Thanks for the info...the food one works, that's good enough for me :bigsmile:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    sorry guys, maybe the DIET1 didn't get enough hits and closed. I haven't tried (I didn't have texting at the time).

At least the food one works!