Gaining while doing 30 day shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    You have to decide what is more important to you: a smaller number on the scale or smaller pants.

Personally I would be happy weighing 300 pounds if I were a size 4. I originally thought I wanted to be 125 pounds when I started on MFP. I got into lifting weights a while ago and now I weigh 137 and am solidly a size 6. I have quit weighing myself because I look awesome and the scale just makes me sad with it's irrelevant numbers.

If that lying *kitten* of a scale is more important to you then I would suggest NOT lifting weights at all. Do lots of cardio and eat at a huge dificit. Weak and skinny fat is easily attained when the scale is ruling your life.
  • kcyr1214
    Options
    For a really nice surprise, keep up your program, but don't weigh yourself for 2 weeks. If you really stick to it, in 2 more weeks you will really like the number and the way your clothes fit. I admire people for doing the 30 day shred, keep up the good work and give your body time to accept the changes. You can do anything for 30 days. It's only 30 days. Do it! :-)
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 lbs overall from p90X but lost 2 inches in the waist and just overall more fit. Ignore the scale.
  • Angelmlevingston
    Options
    You have to decide what is more important to you: a smaller number on the scale or smaller pants.

Personally I would be happy weighing 300 pounds if I were a size 4. I originally thought I wanted to be 125 pounds when I started on MFP. I got into lifting weights a while ago and now I weigh 137 and am solidly a size 6. I have quit weighing myself because I look awesome and the scale just makes me sad with it's irrelevant numbers.

If that lying *kitten* of a scale is more important to you then I would suggest NOT lifting weights at all. Do lots of cardio and eat at a huge dificit. Weak and skinny fat is easily attained when the scale is ruling your life.

so true I agree with you
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

That's awesome! You should be screaming this from the rooftops for all to hear. Rock on!
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    2lbs is nothing, if you step on the scale after drinking a litre of water you'll way 2 lbs more than you did before drinking the water. its probably just water retention.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options

You know you're right. Thanks for posting that.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    For a really nice surprise, keep up your program, but don't weigh yourself for 2 weeks. If you really stick to it, in 2 more weeks you will really like the number and the way your clothes fit. I admire people for doing the 30 day shred, keep up the good work and give your body time to accept the changes. You can do anything for 30 days. It's only 30 days. Do it! :-)

That's going to be my new plan :) thanks