chia seed lovers:

Options
2»

Replies

• nire54
    nire54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I put them in my oatmeal in the morning. they are great.
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    I have used Chia seeds in the past and I really love them, even just in water though in almond milk were much more palatable!

So besides all the health benefits (fiber, protein etc.) do they really help you loose weight? I know they are supposed to keep you fuller and I think they did but is there any other science behind it that helps you loose weight?
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    1) Drink your chia fresca sooner.
    2) Put it in other foods, like homemade protein balls, granola, smoothies, etc. There you don't notice it.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I take these daily as well. Have been since Dec. At first I really didn't like them either but now I love them. I normally mix them in a 16 oz bottle of water and then add crystal lite to it. I have also tried them with scambled eggs. A little gross looking but tasted fine. I have also added them to stuffing and no one even noticed that I added them to that. : ) Oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies, apple sauce are other great ways of hiding them.
    I have heard that if you don't soak them before comsuming them they can dehydrate you.

Love the stuffing idea!!

I drink so much water (3+ liters per day easily) that I would hope I don't get dehydrated by eating a heaped teaspoon of dry seeds a day...thanks for the warning though, I will do some research x
  • runninggirl54
    Options
    i buy the ground chia seeds. i love it b/c i can put a tbsp in oatmeal, cream of wheat, soups, on salads, in sauces....you name it and you can't even tell its in there.
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's regarded as a superfood. High in protein too.

I soak chai seeds in almond milk overnight and in the morning, I add banana & fresh berries. I freakin love the stuff!!!!

I do something similar, except I use coconut milk with vanilla bean added and then add some berries.....

Yummmm.... I make my own almond milk to which I add vanilla pod seeds and a date or 2 for sweetness!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    It's regarded as a superfood. High in protein too.

I soak chai seeds in almond milk overnight and in the morning, I add banana & fresh berries. I freakin love the stuff!!!!

I do something similar, except I use coconut milk with vanilla bean added and then add some berries.....

This sounds interesting... These are the same seeds that you would get when you buy a "Chia Pet" ?? Woah. I just never heard of this before. Strange but very interesting. These two recipe ideas, I'd try these out. Why not. Whats it going to hurt. At the worst, my hair would turn green. This is actually kinda neat. :)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I'm back again... And I found some Chia at Walgreens. :) I wanted to get these ideas again. Since I've never incorporated Chia in my plan before. :) Thanks again for the tip. Hopefully I wont get green curly hairs. Heeee
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to try a really good brand. Go to the running food website and email them and they will send you a BIG bag to try.

I got an 8 ounce bag trial and I love them.