How do you handle when you have logged food and then not eat

Options
Do we count 1/2 for one day then 1/2 the next or? How do you do? I feel like Im cheating when I finish it the next day but I did not eat all the caleries the day before either. :noway:

Replies

• maryjay51
    Options
    since i have been on here i have planned my days ahead of time ..if it changes through the course of the day i adjust the food diary later on in the day when i have a moment .
  • aeberly01
    aeberly01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had a subway foot long the other day and I was able to put in .5 and it counted half the info instead of all. I ate half one day and half the next. Have you tried that?
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    If you didn't eat it delete it! You are only accountable to yourself and what you eat or don't eat is the fuel for your body. Don't deprive yourself of much needed fuel.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I just adjust the dairy to show what I actually ate. I plan in advance and log a couple days in advance often. Once I get to the meal if I eat more or less of something or add snacks during the day I just edit as needed.
  • failnomore
    Options
    Yeah I have had this problem in the past,unsure what to do about it, thought about eating the 2nd half the next day, but in the end I didn't...... but would like to know what would be best.

Surely it must even it's self out as long as it wasn't everyday
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I generally log it when I eat it. Unless I am cooking, then Inlog the ingredients along the way. IF I don't finish it, I go back and adjust it.

If I eat something after I closed out my diary for the day then things change. If it is before midnight I edit the days entry. After midnight, I add it to the next day. If it is 20 calories, I just ignore it (like if I had some gum, a couple grapes, or a hard candy, I am not bothering to log it.)***

I know some people will say this is a bad idea and you should log everything, but I am not going to sweat the really small stuff. I log all my food besides gum, tea and vitamins. If I add something with calories to my tea then I log it. But if I forget a couple of bell peppers along the way I am not going to worry about it.
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank all you for posts. I dont plan that far in advance. And when I do I still have this problem. Like when I make a huge salad. I hardy ever eat it all. Thanks again for the help.