the ~best~ you ever got ...

Options

Replies

• iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    A Mr Potato Head, i had told my BF at the time who is now my husband, of how i had always wanted one as a child but never got one, well one day i came home from work and there it was a Mr Potato head in the silly suit case sitting on the table.
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My 18th birthday was really cool. My boyfriend at the time Jason wrote a song, and he and his band performed it for me in the music room at our school during interval.

That same birthday, my friend Sarah had been asking me what I wanted for my birthday, and I wasn't sure. My friend Michelle said jokingly that Sarah should get me condoms, and Sarah was like, "Maybe I will."

So my birthday comes and Sarah gave me this heart-shaped box, decorated with stickers with love hearts and X's and stuff. On the inside of the lid she had stuck a photo of me and Jason. And then in the box were condoms, still in the wrappers of course, that she had attached to small straws so that they looked like lollipops. And a teddy bear.

It was so funny, I wandered around school with this box the whole day and people gave me funny looks, except for a couple of people who thought they were actually lollipops and didn't realise they were condoms, and were like, "That's so cute!" I was laughing like the whole day. And the drama teacher asked if the condoms were for the teddy bear. Good times.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    a picture frame, painted by my granddaughter, holding a photo of her, covered in paint from the project! So cute, and something I will always treasure.

Wait a second... You're a grandmother?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Wife bought me tickets and funded a 3,000 mile trip to take Holland to see a concert several years ago. The concerts was okay, but the week travelling with Holland was the best present.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    hmmm this is a tough one cause when I think about it Im pretty spoiled by my husband and his family. Besides all the extravagent things, one year he made me a photo album of all our pics from our trip to San Diego
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old gave me an ornament for Christmas; it had her handprint in paint and each of the fingers were made into little snowmen. I bawled like a snotty little baby when she gave it to me. :embarassed:

As a child, the Atari 2600. :drinker:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    As a kid... N64 for sure!

Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOUR!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The engagement ring my fiancee recently gave me. The story is long and sappy, but it was truly the most special and amazing few minutes I think I've ever experienced in regard to receiving a gift.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    My Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. It's big and beautiful and powerful and I make delicious things in it.

I got it 5 years ago from my husband. It was the first time we were both working (one of us wasn't in school) and we could finally afford to buy nice presents.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    A stuffed Puffalump Pig that my daughter gave me for Christmas.
    The last Christmas I lived at home my youngest brother got me one and when I move 600+ miles away I took it with me. After about a year away from home I had a *kitten* roommate that threw it in a fire while we were fighting. My ex husband had told our daughter the story once and she decided she was going to replace that pig. It's not the same one, but the thought and effort she put into it means more to me than anything she could have done.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Oddly, my best gift was also my worst. It was worst before best. Before we were married (I think it was our second Christmas together) my husband bought me a rock tumbler, polishing grit and a bag of rocks. Now, I love rocks and I had mentioned (in a very offhand manner) that I had always wanted a rock tumbler (as a kid). It seemed (at the time) an odd, yet sweetly thoughtful gift and I tumbled a load or two of rocks - discovered, to my dismay, that it takes time to polish rocks - and it's messy, and noisy (we lived in an appointment and the swish, swish, swish eventually got to me even though it was stashed in a closet. It was eventually banished to a storage bin somewhere.

Fast forward 19 years, to about a year and a half ago, I started making chainmaille jewelry. Jewelry (particularly chainmaille) improves with a good tumble (don't we all) and I was lamenting my stupidity in losing my tumbler. Up steps my husband with a dirty old cardboard box - with bags of rough rocks, tumbler, etc. YES. It works perfectly, and is absolutely what I needed. It only took me close to 20 years to appreciate.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I would have to say the bottle of perfume my daughter got me this Christmas. It was my favorite perfume and the bottle was engraved "I love you mamma".
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    1977 got KISS ALIVE II album for christmas. Was my indoctrination to heavy metal... hooked every since.....
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    a tom tom. i'm dumb as heck when it comes to directions, get lost going around the corner. can't find my way out of a paper bag, but now i can. go tom tom, it's not your birthday. go tom tom.

now i get in my car and go everywhere and i don't have to call nobody crying that i'm lost.
  • loriamcq
    Options
    There are lots of gifts that I've gotten that I love, the birdhouse my son painted for me when he was 5 is still on my windowsill. But I think my favorite thing ever was when my husband (boyfriend of only a few months at the time) took me to California. Although I had traveled as a kid, I never got to travel during my first marriage so this vacation was amazing to me. We had so much fun and got to stay a whole week and visited San Francisco, San Jose, Monterey Bay and a long drive along the coast. I've framed pictures we took there. It was the best vacation I'd ever had and I'd love to go back again. Since then we've been to Jamaica and Mexico and other states, but California was still the best.
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    The iPad2 that my husband gave me right before we went to Hawaii to get married. Now, I only use my computer for paying bills and WoW.

He rawks \m/ >< \m/
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i'd seen a purse at an art gallery in Kansas City when the hubs and i were there visiting. i fell in love. was way too expensive though, so i didn't get it. 6 months later, at my bday, the hubs had bought it for me! It's still my fave, and i've used it for 8 years now!
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My UPGRADED diamond ring... I was 23 when I got engaged and my husband gave me a ring which I still love because he worked 3 jobs to buy it... 3 years ago on our 10th wedding anniversary he surprised me with my new ring :) I love hem both but love him more :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    a le creuset pot during my adult years and...my lite bright when I was a kid..
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    When I was 12 my Mom got me Lee Press on Nails after a year of telling me I was too young.... That was the best!