Greek Yogurt

Options
Alright, I have to confess... I was a nay-sayer of Greek yogurt.
It smelled and tasted like sour cream to me (which I do not love in the first place).

BUT, today I admit I have been swayed.
It's not a snack I can see me craving but it actually tasted great!

I used Stonyfield Farm Organic Oikos Vanilla yogurt... a bit less then a teaspoon of regular honey (but can you imagine with "flavored" honey... orange, strawberry....mmmm), and about 5 Diamond Oven Roasted Cinnamon and Sugar almonds.

Again, it's not a snack I will eat often (it is spendy) but it's a great addition to my diet!

So, THANK YOU eveyone who kept mentioning trying it with honey!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Glad you liked it! Greek yogurt with honey is my FAVE way to have it! Gonna have to try it with the nuts! :drinker:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Glad you liked it! Greek yogurt with honey is my FAVE way to have it! Gonna have to try it with the nuts! :drinker:

I LOVE Diamond nuts....
    They also have a Vanilla Bean, which would be yummy too! I'm gonna try that on Thursday!
    Emerald also has flavored nuts... but I am not sure how healthy Pecan Pie glazed nuts are.... BUT... everything in moderation right.... :laugh:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :smooched: :love: Greek Yogurt... sigh.... :love: :heart: :heart: Try Fage sometime. It's my favorite brand of greek yogurt. SOOOOOOOOOOO good.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

I LOVE Diamond nuts....
    They also have a Vanilla Bean, which would be yummy too! I'm gonna try that on Thursday!
    Emerald also has flavored nuts... but I am not sure how healthy Pecan Pie glazed nuts are.... BUT... everything in moderation right.... :laugh:

Oh, but nuts are good fats! It isn't like you're pouring Crisco into it or something! :laugh: That sounds delish & a great high cal addition to the yogurt! I've been struggling with calories lately so that's a wonderful idea!
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is awesome! I like it w/ sugar-free preserves and slivered almonds. And after I've been working out (or in need of calories), plain greek yogurt mixed w/ muscle milk is my new ice cream. :happy:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :smooched: :love: Greek Yogurt... sigh.... :love: :heart: :heart: Try Fage sometime. It's my favorite brand of greek yogurt. SOOOOOOOOOOO good.

I haven't seen Fage around yet.
    I kinda live in no-mans-land.
    I can't even find Almond milk!
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options

I haven't seen Fage around yet.
    I kinda live in no-mans-land.
    I can't even find Almond milk!

Fage is good, but it's more expensive. I get Chobani and I like that a lot too.
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I tried Greek yogurt for the first time ever just about an hour ago. I didn't really enjoy it.

I have another little container in my fridge. I'll have to try it some of the ways you all mentioned! Sounds good with sugar free preserves or a little bit of flavored honey.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is amazing. I like it with fresh fruit in it. :love:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

I LOVE Diamond nuts....

I had the Cocoa Roasted Almonds that Emerald does - they were awesome. I had the Dark Chocolate so it really didn't add any calories or carbs - and they were delish!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I tried Greek yogurt for the first time ever just about an hour ago. I didn't really enjoy it.

I have another little container in my fridge. I'll have to try it some of the ways you all mentioned! Sounds good with sugar free preserves or a little bit of flavored honey.

Oh, I gagged the first time I ate it.
    No one told me it smelled and tasted like sour cream... :sick:
    I actually didn't finish it!

This time, I went in knowing what it was like AND reminding myself that this stuff wasn't supposed to be like the sugary fruit flavored stuff (which I don't like either).
    Give it another try, but for sure add in something like honey or preserves.... makes SUCH a difference.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options

I LOVE Diamond nuts....

I had the Cocoa Roasted Almonds that Emerald does - they were awesome. I had the Dark Chocolate so it really didn't add any calories or carbs - and they were delish!

OH! I totally forgot about that kind!
    Good call, I will need to pick up some of those!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the Chobani - it's yum - Peach strawberry and Blueberry

I just bought vanilla I havent tried it yet, hopefully it;s good!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Love it!! :heart: I've found that Kroger Private Selection makes a plain yogurt that I strain a bit and tastes like Greek yogurt for much cheaper! :bigsmile: I love Fage and Oikos though!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I also didn't like it the first time I tried the full fat. However, I tried the 0% fat vanilla kind and I liked it. It's not as heavy as the full fat.

I also tried the trader joe's blueberry and it wasn't so bad either.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    It is my religiously favorite breakfast! I put blackberries, or blue berries or strawberries in it, a whole cup and voila, breakfast for less than 200 calories, very satisfying, very filling, Yummmmmm! I call it the wonder food!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Trader Joe's has their own Greek style yogurt, half the price identical in every way! It is great as a sour cream substitute on baked potato, or in Mexican food! 20 grams of protein per cup, zero fat!
  • Isaacsmama
    Isaacsmama Posts: 43
    Options
    ok. What IS greek yogurt?
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    It's regular yogurt that has been strained, not sure how, making it denser and the Fage brand is very smooth almost the same texture as sour cream. easier to use in recipes such as dips. I love it with a little preserves it in.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I like the Chobani yogurt with fruit, too, but be aware that they add sugar to it.

That's why I went to the Fage plain no-fat, and make my own mix of fruit and slivered almonds. If I want to add honey or sugar to it, then I control how much.

LOVE Greek Yogurt. It's great for making homemade "ice cream" with too.