What is wrong with me? (a rant to myself)

Options
I have been doing terrible with my lifestyle change: I cheated on Thursday, Friday, Sunday and today. What in the world is wrong with me???? I have come too far and achieved too much while doing this. Why can't I get it together? I don't want to gain ALL the weight I have lost and then some. I have worked too hard to get to where I am.I have not exercised in almost 3 weeks. I have been such a Lazy slacker. I have gained 2 pounds back, now I have only lost 44 pounds, NO Laura, get it together, get your lazy slacker butt in gear.I have been stress eating b/c of the whole wreck situation. Has anyone else been thru this? If so, how did you get back to what you were doing before?

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Everytime I get discouraged I look at pictures of myself before I started losing weight. That usually gives me the motivation I need to get my butt out and work up a sweat.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    You have lost 44 punds, that is not a slacker..................

Life has thrown you lemons, make lemonade (sugar-free) :bigsmile: and keep trucking along........

:heart: Big hugs to you.
  • emkay617
    emkay617 Posts: 17
    Options
    Don't give up and don't be too hard on yourself. we all fall off track sometimes... the best part is that you are recognizing it. Since you are stressed, try to make yourself go to the gym. It will relieve some of that and will also make you feel more in control of things. Pick yourself up and get back out there! We all have set backs, "nobody said it would be easy, they only promised it'd be worth it"! Believe in yourself, you've been through the worst of it!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Don't give up and don't be too hard on yourself. we all fall off track sometimes... the best part is that you are recognizing it. Since you are stressed, try to make yourself go to the gym. It will relieve some of that and will also make you feel more in control of things. Pick yourself up and get back out there! We all have set backs, "nobody said it would be easy, they only promised it'd be worth it"! Believe in yourself, you've been through the worst of it!

Exactly, we are always harder on ourselves than we are anyone else in the world...........
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for the kind words everyone. this is why I love this site so much. :flowerforyou:
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: Ok so now you know you have to get back on track and quess what? Tomorrow is a new day and a good day to get back on track! Only take this one day at a time or you will drive yourself nuts. Plus no one could be as hard on you as you are on yourself! :smile:

:flowerforyou: Be very proud of the 44 lbs lost and DO NOT look at it any other way, the 44 lbs gone is so positive!:flowerforyou:
  • Toddy67
    Toddy67 Posts: 24
    Options
    212078.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Nothing is wrong, you are just human. You are an inspiration so please don't give up and don't be so hard on yourself
  • joolesh
    joolesh Posts: 26
    Options
    Its not really cheating, you just werent as careful with your choices . But dinner tonight.....you can make a better choice. Just take it 1 meal, 1 craving and 1 day at a time. You have lost 44 lbs and that would not have happened if you were a slacker. You are success story and very inspiring to us newbies. Besides, don't forget Phllippians 4:13 :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    :smile: Ok so now you know you have to get back on track and quess what? Tomorrow is a new day and a good day to get back on track! Only take this one day at a time or you will drive yourself nuts. Plus no one could be as hard on you as you are on yourself! :smile:

:flowerforyou: Be very proud of the 44 lbs lost and DO NOT look at it any other way, the 44 lbs gone is so positive!:flowerforyou:

thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    212078.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Nothing is wrong, you are just human. You are an inspiration so please don't give up and don't be so hard on yourself

thanks I really need to hear all of these things, yes I am only human, and I will not give up.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Its not really cheating, you just werent as careful with your choices . But dinner tonight.....you can make a better choice. Just take it 1 meal, 1 craving and 1 day at a time. You have lost 44 lbs and that would not have happened if you were a slacker. You are success story and very inspiring to us newbies. Besides, don't forget Phllippians 4:13 :smile:

true in everything you said. thanks so much for reminding me, I have been beating myself up for this but not anymore.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    You know what to do, and you know how to do it, and you'll get it done. No problem,,, :glasses:
  • purrr
    purrr Posts: 46
    Options
    it just happens now and then that you need a break from all the pressure of this weight loss... i took me a break too before but i kept losing weight even during that time... maybe i wasn't slacking enough... :tongue: well, you aren't as lucky to lose but gained BUT this is still your life, your weight loss journey and i can see you are still around MFP so that just means you are going to make it - only a matter of time :smile:

don't rant to yourself, enjoy yourself and everything you've achieved! if you need some nice motivation, try on some old clothes that you couldn't fit in before to check if they finally fit back or even buy yourself some (cheapish) summer clothes a size or two too small to stimulate yourself to make it into it... another way to give yourself a nice feeling is put on your fattest clothes to see how loose and falling off your bum they are now :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You know what to do, and you know how to do it, and you'll get it done. No problem,,, :glasses:

thank you :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    it just happens now and then that you need a break from all the pressure of this weight loss... i took me a break too before but i kept losing weight even during that time... maybe i wasn't slacking enough... :tongue: well, you aren't as lucky to lose but gained BUT this is still your life, your weight loss journey and i can see you are still around MFP so that just means you are going to make it - only a matter of time :smile:

don't rant to yourself, enjoy yourself and everything you've achieved! if you need some nice motivation, try on some old clothes that you couldn't fit in before to check if they finally fit back or even buy yourself some (cheapish) summer clothes a size or two too small to stimulate yourself to make it into it... another way to give yourself a nice feeling is put on your fattest clothes to see how loose and falling off your bum they are now :drinker: :flowerforyou:

thanks Purr, this helps a whole lot. I have noticed that a lot of my clothes are too big.
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Laura, you have worked hard and should be proud. We all go through cycles and concentrating on weight loss and healthy eating constantly is kind of exhausting, sometimes old habits break hard but you will come out ahead in the end. You have all the support and best wishes from your family here, we care and are routing for you to get back on track! you can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hang in there Laura, you have worked hard and should be proud. We all go through cycles and concentrating on weight loss and healthy eating constantly is kind of exhausting, sometimes old habits break hard but you will come out ahead in the end. You have all the support and best wishes from your family here, we care and are routing for you to get back on track! you can do this!:flowerforyou:

thanks so much. It is hard but I will get thru this and make it to my goal. :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You had 3 days of re-feeding. You jolted your metabolism and now it's raring to go. Put in the Leslie Sansone. Do it whether you feel like it or not. Even if your stroll through the entire workout do it anyway. Put in taebo. Punch and kick at the guy who hit you. Then drop by the gratitude thread or what have you done to make yourself feel proud thread and list all that you accomplished. Rehearse your blessing and accomplishments instead of your failures.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You had 3 days of re-feeding. You jolted your metabolism and now it's raring to go. Put in the Leslie Sansone. Do it whether you feel like it or not. Even if your stroll through the entire workout do it anyway. Put in taebo. Punch and kick at the guy who hit you. Then drop by the gratitude thread or what have you done to make yourself feel proud thread and list all that you accomplished. Rehearse your blessing and accomplishments instead of your failures.

thanks, those are all great ideas and starting tomorrow, I plan on getting back on the exercise. at the time I wrote this post I was pretty disgusted with myself for letting myself gain those pounds back and for letting myself eat bad and for not exercising, but I am not going to do it anymore (beat myself up).
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Laura, I know how you feel hon. I have been there before too. You have to stop your stinkin thinkin and get back on track. It's so easy to slip in to old habbits. Don't let yourself fall in to that trap. You have lost 44 pounds ! That is a great acomplishment ! Be kind to yourself and get back on track asap. I know you can do it!!! Hugs- Cindy :heart: