Ladies: What does bloated during pms mean to you?

Options
Without stepping on a scale, how do you know when you're bloated?

Can you actually feel that you are bloated or do you just see it in the mirror or maybe in the way your clothes fit?

Is it the same kind of bloat that you get when you have gas?

The reason I ask is b/c I am not sure what bloated feels like.... I guess I don't really notice it unless I step on a scale and I'm heavier than usual (which is also not very often) but tonight I looked in the mirror and all of a sudden I looked 4 months pregnant, huh? :huh:
like I could still notice my 11 pound loss on other parts but what the heck is up with my belly? I'm thinking that I am either about to start my period... or I am one of those chicks on that tv show, I didn't know I was pregnant :noway:

Anyhoo, I'm curious about you :) Thanks!

Replies

• MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    To me, my pants fit tighter and I look like I have a 3 month baby belly....Blech! I'm rockin' the bloat right now, actually...
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Seeing the big belly in the mirror is a pretty good sign you're bloated. I also feel "full" like I ate a big meal. Sort of weighted down. It's hard to explain... hope that helped.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    my ankles tend to get sore and puff up a bit with water retention (also my anklet gets a little tighter), my belly will stick out a little bit more than usual especially up the top and i will feel fatigued.
  • stupidbloodfart
    Options
    I'm on my period now, so I can tell you from first-hand experience that I notice it due to my clothes fitting tighter, and gaining a bump on my stomach. When I stand on the scales I'm also around 2 or so lbs heavier.
  • lwalters5
    lwalters5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    To me, my pants fit tighter and I look like I have a 3 month baby belly....Blech! I'm rockin' the bloat right now, actually...

This.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Everything seems to swell up and I FEEL 10 times fatter!
  • VintageDisaster
    Options
    My face will make the whole difference. I'll look 15-20 pounds heavier just in the face. Ugh.

Shark week is coming, too. Rockin' the bloat right now. Blech.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have been working on my belly for the longest time, but it's extra hard because exactly 2 weeks before my period starts, my already too big belly morphs into a 12 month baby bump. I am horrified at the same time each month - especially when I'm not aware that TOM is on it's way because of menopausal and pms symptoms driving me completely insane...it always goes back down to my normal 'still pregnant after 3 years look', but I can definitely SEE and feel the difference!
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I measure and weigh if I feel bloated. I can gain 5 pounds and 2-3 inches overnight. Thankfully it goes away within 3 days.
  • SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'll notice my pants cutting into my belly in a way they didn't the time before, and my hands get really puffy and my rings look and feel tight. No fun at all.
  • missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I feel full of air, but not in a gassy sort of way. Just like a giant balloon and my clothes don't fit as well. I can also tell when it's hard to suck in.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Your stomach sticks out and you can't suck it in. I look 6 months pregnant,lol! ;)
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I have had a normal period, am overdue for one now so I don't remember what I feel or look like bloated.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    tight waist of pants and my rings get much snugger
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Yeah, except I normally look at least 6mos pregnant so when I'm bloated I look about 8mos pregnant. Even my 8yo son noticed last night and told me I looked pregnant. Eeeek.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Just all over swelling. Face, thighs, stomach... Maybe 1-2 lbs increase on scales. Drink water, move around some and maybe go for walks and watch sodium intake. Also, caffeine can add to irritability & breast soreness so watch your caffeine intake.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I measure and weigh if I feel bloated. I can gain 5 pounds and 2-3 inches overnight. Thankfully it goes away within 3 days.
    Same here, only it takes more days to go back down for me.:cry: I drinks tons of water though.:drinker:
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options

Shark week is coming, too. Rockin' the bloat right now. Blech.

Bahahahah I have never heard that one before! Funny
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Thank for the responses ladies.. I always gain weight around that time of the month but I have never noticed looking 4 months pregnant... It's like one of you ladies said, I can't even suck it in :/ I must be getting ready to have a visit. Better not really be pregnant :/ Eeeeek!! Thanks again
  • StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I feel it without clothes, without weighing in, i get this almost achy feeling near mypelvis area and its tender too. I typically try to take midol when i know its coming until it stops. If your pregnant by chance, remember you can still eat healthy.