40-45 lbs to lose??

Options
13»

Replies

• Kmcdearmid
    Options
    You guys are all so inspiring. I want to loose 50lbs in 5 mos but really really want to loose 30lbs by the end of March. I have a super huge event to go to and I don't want to show up fat!!! I am doing the C25K on week 4 and have lost 12lbs on a strict calorie intake diet. I have really enjoyed this site this week and have become and addict. Here's to get super skinny!!!
  • tgianino
    tgianino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I need to lose that much too! Count me in! Looking forward to hearing about all of our success stories!
  • Wigglesby
    Options
    Hells yeah! I started with a 50 lb goal, but I've lost four (nearly five), so I guess I just make your cutoff. Count me in. I'm giving myself five months.

c.
  • smithmom531
    smithmom531 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have 45 to lose and hope to be well on my way to my goal by summer. I also just finished day two of 30ds. Wasn't as bad as when I tried it back in the late fall and I was ten pounds heavier. Those push ups about kill me though :). That was my second work out for the day. Really motivated right now! We can do this!
  • Wigglesby
    Options
    Hells yeah! I started out with a 50 lb goal, and I've lost four (nearly five), so I guess I just barely make your cutoff. Count me in too!
  • stupidbloodfart
    Options
    I'm aiming to lose 42lbs, not by any specific date, but if I'm trying to lose 2lbs a week, it'll take 5 months or there about.
    Just in time for Summer and my friend's wedding in October!
  • Bombbombgo
    Options
    Me too and also starting thirty day shred today... Woooooo!
  • msmangin
    msmangin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Exactly my goal, set to lose by mid-June and very excited to be on his road. In addition to recording all foods eaten and paying attention to that, completing regular cardio (ellipitical), for the first time ever I'm working with a personal trainer. It's a fantastic "up" knowing I was pushed beyond what I would have done with a video, Wii workout, etc., being accountable and not wanting to disappoint. Yes- this is a "sacrafice of time and money," and right now in my life it is just that important. So, Let's Do This Together!
  • ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    Options
    Me
    Got 3lbs
    45 to go
    Finished day 6 of 30DS yesterday
  • DavidNewOrleans
    Options
    Hope this helps, I have weight trained since I was 12, I have never been overweight but I was never totally ripped. . Last year I decided that I wanted to start competing in natural bodybuilding but I always thought you needed drugs to get completely cut. I was wrong. I cut my daily carbs to under 50 and started doing cardio first thing in the morning, after my workout and twice a week i added a nightly run after dinner. I lost 23lbs in a little over four weeks and I didn't lose much muscle either because I increased my protein. After the first week I started losing weight at a crazy rate. It started to really get freaky like I couldn't stop it. It did finally level off after I got down to about 6-7% bodyfat. I did this and I loved it while I was doing it. I didn't starve myself. I just added cardio at the right time and cut out a lot of bad carbs, bread, sugar(fruit too, not that it is bad), starches and I increased good fat(olive oil, peanut butter for cravings) and I took two multi vitamins every day to make sure I was getting the essentials. I ate 6-8 whole eggs almost everyday, hardly ever ate chicken(I don't really like it) and my cholesterol and blood work was fantastic, I got the best rating you could get for my life insurance and the company said I was in better shape physically than anyone they had seen. The point I am trying to make is, it should not be hard, it should be a good thing, not something you don't want to do. working out is like everything you do in life, once you get into it, you learn to love it and then it becomes a part of you. For me it is like a drug, I have been doing it since I was 12 and I still love it as much as I did back then. Just tell yourself you will do it for one week, after that you can quit. I bet after that, you won't want to.
  • dgrant74
    dgrant74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am!!! Count me in. I have to lose 40lbs by my birthday in May. This gonna take a lot of hard work and dedication. I am ready for the task.
  • PattyMidgette
    Options
    Count me in started today. Really helps keeping up with what we eat.
  • missmelissa919
    missmelissa919 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have about 40lbs left to lose. This website has helped me so much. I didn't realize how much calories I was eating until I started tracking. We can do it! It takes time a lot of work and willpower.
  • PattyMidgette
    Options
    50lbs is great!!! Keep up the good work
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    im in. ive lost 25 so far and i have about 40 left to go :) good luck everyone!
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    Options
    I need to drop 40-45 pounds.......would be happy with 30. But 45 would be freakin awesome. My daughter is getting married ! I HAVE to look better than her step-mother !
  • donc51
    Options
    Started 22 days ago down 11 pounds trying to get to 190 from 280
  • PattyMidgette
    Options
    Does any one know of a website I can get a free healthy meal plan?
  • leah_8303
    leah_8303 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the same amount of time to lose before my best friends wedding . im 180 5'2
  • its4me62
    Options
    Please count me in! I will be turning 50 this year and want to lose 50lbs, let's go and get it done!, Thanks for throwing this out there so we all can get aboard and help each other. have a great day all