29 female looking for support and tips, need help

Options
Hi,
First timer to this website, just looking for support from anyone and everyone. Looking for your tips on weight loss, different things work for different folks and i'm willing to try anything.
Thanks Shana

Replies

• Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I was at my best weight when I avoided sweets and junk food, my skin also benefited from it. Fruits & vegetables are great.

Feel free to add me, I'll gladly support, I'm friendly (=
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    I'd start with eating what you want... just eat about half of it. Log everything, even if you're over your goal, and look at your problem areas. Mine are fat and salt... and I'm still in the process of finding ways to fix those, but I'm feeling better already even though I've only lost 3 pounds.

The other important element is support, and you can get TONS of that here =D I credit my pals here with my ability to stick with it this time. If you accept me as a friend, I'll give you all the support I can, just like a lot of others here will. We're all in the same boat together, and the more hands we have to bail it out the longer we'll stay afloat! =D
  • healthier_shana
    healthier_shana Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My name is Shana too!!!

Feel free to add me if you'd like a friend :)
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Start slow and make one change at a time! Soon you'll be seeing results! Also, weigh AND measure yourself every week (but not any more often). Be patient and be kind to yourself... add me for support if you want a good support friend!
  • SupahBrown27
    Options
    I'm about to be 28yo in August and have a big event planned for my bday, I want to wear a banging dress so, I need to lose about 40lb for it. I'm new to the site as well and dont mind encouraging because it motivates me as well. Friend request sent, happy losing.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm 29yo as well. Feel free to add me as a friend.

As for advice...you have to find what works for you...for me it's eating vegetarian (it's not a diet choice, I've been veggie for a while now) and as clean as possible (no processed, chemical ridden foods).

Log everything you eat, and make sure your portions are correct (get a food scale if necessary)
    Move every day, even if it's just a 20 min walk around the block.
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request:)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    When I first read that title, I thought it said 29 females looking for.... ha ha!