High feeling after workout

Options

Replies

• gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Just finished 40 mins on the stationary bike - doing a pretty good clip. I feel tired but so de-stressed! I haven't worked out for three days because of work and it feels soo good. I love the way it feels - just need to get it as a habit now. can't wait for the weather to warm up - had 10inches of snow today - too chilly to go out for a walk. Dog is sad too! :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Only when I snort coke off the Elliptical.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. Sometimes I feel such a high that I feel like I could workout again! Surely I would probably fall over if I actually tried this...but...it still feels good!
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I especially love it when it hits me during the workout. Then I feel invincible, like I can keep going forever.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like you are on a high after working out? If so, is that normal?

YES!! Endorphins are wonderful!!

Endorphins ROCK!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I do, definitely, though it manifests in my experience with being completely hyper and not being able to stop talking. I'm not normally short of a few words, but post-workout I am ultra "high" and it does take me a while to calm down :) Must be those famous endorphins.

This is me after an awesome run...it's embarassing that I am such a motor mouth :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    yup (:

It helps me A LOT when the going gets tough!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    yep, it's normal. it's the endorphines :)
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Only when I snort coke off the Elliptical.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kellyhogg
    kellyhogg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm actually kind of jealous, because this rarely happens for me. I am usually a rock after a workout, because I feel tired and my limbs just feel like they are made out of concrete when I'm done.

If I felt that good after working out, I'd do it a lot more often!

^^This. I wish I achieved that feeling after a workout. But I'm just tired, and worn out!
  • aimeelee76
    aimeelee76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Guess when I've worked out before I've never pushed myself hard enough cause I have never felt that before. Glad to hear that it's a good thing and I'm doing something right.
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    I love it. I feel like I can take on the world when I'm done at the gym!
  • kellyhogg
    kellyhogg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So that begs the question...is it normal to NOT feel this way after a workout?
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Yes. It is my drug of choice. I get high every day.

This. Sometimes 2-3 times. And I also agree with the person that said it's awesome when it hits you during your workout. Mine almost always comes after my workout, but occasionally it comes during, and that is the freaking BEST.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yep..it's normal! It's endorphins & adrenaline!
    Dopamine is an endorphin (feel-good chemical) in the body, that makes you feel good.
    People who exercise regularly have a mass amount of endorphins afterwards. Nothing to freak out over! :)
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    LMAO! Yes! I totally feel this way after working out! I thought there was something wrong with me XD
  • Galletakek
    Options
    Yes! if i dont go to the gym i have withdraws D: lo.. srs tho like everyone said who doesn't have it o.o? :) its a good feeling
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Why else would you go back and exercise again?! I was on such a high Monday, had the best run ever and was seriously smiling most of the day. Felt like I could take on the world!
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Great feeling! Whenever I'm grumpy my husband pushes me out the door for a run, because he knows I"ll come back happy (and he's always right). :)
  • alltalk199
    Options
    Yeah baby! I always feel absolutely pumped straight after my workouts and it is awesome, cause I am on such a high, I love it! Bring on the day baby!