I need some "tough love"...

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like...and I have a friend that meets your requirements......I'll see if she is up for more friends too :)

That would be great! Thanks!
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    and more support! I am not new to myfitnesspal, persay, but I have been gone for a few months and came back this January. As a result, I lost a lot of friends and I have deleted several as well who have been inactive for months. I am looking for some more friends to help me stay on track. I don't ever want to give up on this again. I am am looking for people who aren't afraid to be honest about my diary or my exercise. I am also looking for individuals who are good at motivating. Before I left MFP, in August of 2011, I had lost 47lbs. While I was gone, I gained back 24 of those.:sad: I have lost 13 of the 24:smile:, and hope to be back to where I was by the end of February. I am not easily offended, and I love any healthful advice I can get. I also love to motivate others and congratulate on a job well done. If I can help you then I will! Please add me if you are an active member who needs and gives support! Thanks in advance!:flowerforyou:
    So did you do it by "eating clean"? Or did you just eat what you wanted in moderation?
    A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

At the beginning I was eating whatever I wanted but in moderation. I had lots of Subway and Carl's Jr. Turkey Burgers, you know the drill. Anyways, a dear friend of mine who is a marathon runner introduced me to the concept of clean eating and I focused much more on that and lost the weight very fast. I was also swimming approximately two miles a day. Then I moved to a very small town with no swimming pool and kinda got discouraged and quit. Now that I am back I am doing my best to eat plenty of protien, veggies and good whole grains. Not entirely clean but its something I can live with.

ETA: Oh yeah, and now I walk everywhere I go in this town. Its so tiny and I never sit down when I am at work. So I switched my activity level to lightly active and I have seen pretty good results. Oh and I drink a ton of water.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    The kind of tough love my friends get...

It's not persay.
  • grimacy
    grimacy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like this--I too would have agreed with the girl (sorry, don't remember your name right now) who said you need to motivate yourself even though others are encouraging you. That being said...I motivate myself to workout everyday because I love the endorphin rush, but I slack at times when it comes to portion size and getting to where I want to be because of my nutrition.

That is where the tough love would be much appreciated. So, we may need both!! We need to motivate ourselves to do the work and keep the junk out of our mouths, but a stearn statement from someone else may open our eyes and help us to be more dilligent.

Kick my butt anytime...much appreciated!!
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    The kind of tough love my friends get...

It's not persay.

lol :laugh: :laugh:
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    I like this--I too would have agreed with the girl (sorry, don't remember your name right now) who said you need to motivate yourself even though others are encouraging you. That being said...I motivate myself to workout everyday because I love the endorphin rush, but I slack at times when it comes to portion size and getting to where I want to be because of my nutrition.

That is where the tough love would be much appreciated. So, we may need both!! We need to motivate ourselves to do the work and keep the junk out of our mouths, but a stearn statement from someone else may open our eyes and help us to be more dilligent.

Kick my butt anytime...much appreciated!!

I think you are right. I know that it really boils down to me and I don't rely entirely on others to get to my goals. if I did that I wouldn't have lost what I did. But like you say, sometimes we need an eye opener. And in all honesty who doesn't enjoy the occasional virtual pat on the back for a job well done?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options

At the beginning I was eating whatever I wanted but in moderation. I had lots of Subway and Carl's Jr. Turkey Burgers, you know the drill. Anyways, a dear friend of mine who is a marathon runner introduced me to the concept of clean eating and I focused much more on that and lost the weight very fast. I was also swimming approximately two miles a day. Then I moved to a very small town with no swimming pool and kinda got discouraged and quit. Now that I am back I am doing my best to eat plenty of protien, veggies and good whole grains. Not entirely clean but its something I can live with.

ETA: Oh yeah, and now I walk everywhere I go in this town. Its so tiny and I never sit down when I am at work. So I switched my activity level to lightly active and I have seen pretty good results. Oh and I drink a ton of water.
    So my philosophy with all clientele now it NOT to drastically change the way you eat because once goal is met the chances are that they will go back to eating some of the things they either abstained from or just totally restricted by trying to lose weight.
    My advice is learn how to eat what you like making sure that you get in all your daily essentials and stayin within calorie control. Weight loss and gain is just really about calories in and out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just joined a few days ago and I don't have any friends yet... and I'm not sure how that works. However, I'm good at being honest, and I'm good at making it not too painful to hear. :) Also, it looks like our weight and goal are similar. I started 3 weeks ago at 304 (which is really annoying because I started working out 5 weeks ago at 299.) and I'm down to 295. My goal is somewhere in the neighborhood of 175.

At this point, I'm focusing more on exercise than diet. With my diet I'm just trying to make sure I get in all the right stuff and plenty of fiber.. and being aware of the number of calories I'm eating, instead of following a strict diet. I need to cut back on the treats, though.

Anyway, I would love for you to add me, but I can't promise to keep up with you yet because I'm not sure how it all works. When I figure it out, though, I'm there!

Shannon

16618372.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! Add me if you would like!
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    So my philosophy with all clientele now it NOT to drastically change the way you eat because once goal is met the chances are that they will go back to eating some of the things they either abstained from or just totally restricted by trying to lose weight.
    My advice is learn how to eat what you like making sure that you get in all your daily essentials and stayin within calorie control. Weight loss and gain is just really about calories in and out.

Thanks, that's really good advice. I sometimes eat things I want. If I am craving something I will eat it, but I try to moderate. Right now though there are just some things I can't moderate, so I don't buy them. So far, I haven't felt really deprived and I do have the occassional "cheat" meal or candy bar. I know you say that it is all about calories in vs. calories out but I have had alot of people tell me I should be monitoring my sodium. What do you think about that?
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    @ Shannon and Jacks Mom: I am sending FRs now! Thanks!
  • StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I added you! I know what you mean by accountability. It helps knowing friends even ones you dont meet see that your no moving, moving is my issue, having the eating down. Cant seem to find the drive to exercise. Keep in touch