Bathroom question

Options

Replies

• saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Poop occurs naturally, so as long as I don't need a hazmat suit to use the facilities no worries.

Another reason I don't like public restrooms. When I worked as a barista one of the hardest chores I had was the bathrooms because people would leave it so dirty. My second day in the men's room there was a single, whole turd literally next to the toilet. How someone managed to wedge their butt in that small space between the toilet and the wall is beyond me. I've also seen some unspeakable things done with sanitary pads and tampons. Yuck.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The only reason I try not to use a public restroom for pooping is the toilet paper quality. 9 times out of 10 the toilet seat cover is stronger and I don't relish trying to pull my pants up one-handed because the other got soiled. Only time I think I was ever uncomfortable was when I was sharing a hotel room with my boyfriend. I turned on the faucet when I went.

This is why you just use LOTS of it. lol.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't have any problem with it. But I also carry toilet seat covers with me, just in case.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    If I need to go #2 in public, I just do 2 #1's.

The math is right but it doesn't make me feel any better.
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I generally stay away from public bathrooms all together. Its not a matter of embarassment... Its a germ thing. I'm not a germ freak, but public bathrooms creep me out. I need to know the bathroom is cleaned on a regular basis and that little sign in sheet on the back of the door just doesn't reassure me much.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Can't go anywhere but at home unless we're away for an extended period of time.. and then it's tough going.. so to speak.
    On our honeymoon I finally *went* on Day 4.. ended up plugging the toilet and flooding the hotel room below..oops! I hid under the covers and begged my new hubby to say he did it!
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    How many of you have been in this situation: Sitting in a public restroom in a Jeff Daniel's Dumb and Dumber moment, waiting painfully for the ONE other occupant to leave! Or at least flush so you can go with the flush, hoping it's sounds mask your own? Oh, um... yeah me neither :blushing:

^^yup, that's me all over^^ I hate it when i go in the bathroom and someone else has left their smell behind,:explode: , I gag uncontrollably, guess that's why I hate using public pottys too:blushing: , but it will have to do if i cant' hold it back or else i will ....:explode:
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    when you gotta go, you gotta go. and as someone else pointed out, we all gotta go sometime. Holding it in can cause all kinds of issues w/ your intestines and bowels... ok, maybe if you want to wait til you get home that night, but holding for days can cause serious issues.... sometimes, if need be, i'll do the Ace Ventura impersonation... "Come out of the restroom, waving your hands for fresh air, point to the restroom door and say: WHEW!!! You do NOT want to go in there!!" gets a laugh... if you are concerned with odor though, carry a can of air spray in your purse and don't be afraid to use it AS you walk into the rest room!

I agree with this. 9 days....that's so unhealthy for your body. The toxins can seep back into your blood stream if you hold it long enough and cause problems for your body.

"If you keep your feces for an extra day...
    harmful bacteria in your intestine will have more time to multiply. Your immune system has to work harder to control those germs. And your liver has increased burden of detoxifying the toxins produced by these harmful bacteria. You will have a weaker body and you get tired easily."

I never used to be able to go in public bathrooms but I can as long as I am alone now. I believe I have even heard it can cause you to develop polyps and other issues in your colon. (I don't have medical backing for this atm so no one jump my case!) :) The colon is a LARGE part of your physical health and plays a part in how you function in a LOT of ways. I try to empty mine when need be because I'd like to stay healthy! :)
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I get stage fright just peeing in public restrooms if any of the other stalls are occupied, so unless its an emergency not only will I hold it as long as I need to, but I will also hold it at home if anyone other than my daughter is in the house. Even if its my parents that are here, until they leave the colon just has to deal with it.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I wear depends which allows me more time with the ladies!
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I do not exaggerate when I say I can drop trou against a tree and do my business. I have no modesty. If I gotta go, I'mma go, at home, at work, in the mall, in the woods, with others around or not.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Simple

Colitis ... there ain't no way to hold the sh1t!!!!
  • lesliemifflin
    Options
    i'm almost too open about pooping. lol i can do it anywhere, anytime. no shame for me. oops!
  • mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If I am at work or say in public I try to hold it until I get home. But if I am on vacation of course I go where I am I don't know when it would be until I get home. I don't really want anyone to hear me.
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I can pretty much go anywhere. Except of course if I am on a date or with a certain somebody. Until I get extremely comfortable around them. That will take actively hanging out with him for a few months though. But I do not recommend holding it in. That is the worse thing you could ever do. I was on percocets and it constipated me. I was extremely impacted. I tried laxatives and all it did was made me wake up in pain so bad I was screaming out. Literally SCREAMING. I literally thought I was about to have a baby and not even know I was pregnant and there was no absolute way unless I was about to birth a 2 year old. NEVER EVER EVER EVER hold it in. Ever! Constipation can kill you. I am too afraid to take advil now. Everyone poops. No one is superhuman. If any says they don't they are lying or need to be taken to the emergency room pronto.
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    and PLEASE for the love of God and humanity courtesy flush! Every poo every flush. PLEASE!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty regular and usually go in the mornings but I don't have a problem doing it if I'm away from home. My way of thinking is, everybody does it. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.
  • JLWilson27
    Options
    m
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I totally do not care!!!! Everyone poops and so do I and I'd rather just go and get it over with. It can be really awkward in the bathroom when someone is just hanging out and you don't want them to hear your fart or "kerplop" but if unavoidable just wait till the person leaves so they don't give you looks. Otherwise, nothing I'm bothered about because you eventually will have to go.
  • gone2facebookprint
    gone2facebookprint Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have no shame.. I go whenever and where ever... I did 4 yrs in the marines... we had toilets in rows with no walls we would take a crap while talking to the guy next to us.. we really didnt have a choice since that was the only place to go.. and no different when we were overseas there were walls in those stalls but you all rushed in after a convoy you didnt care you just let it RIP... I am not shy at all I can know the person is next to me and I just start to play a game.. game being.. I wonder how loud I can make this to see if they will say something when I come out.. like for real what they going to say anyways.. Good job? or dang dude you had some issues... I would say with a smile on my face... you are correct I HAD some but now they are going down that drain.. thanks for your concern... wash my hands and leave with a smile... no shame in that... but think about it.. what is the person going to say if you make some noise getting your crap out of your system.. it is only natural in the first place...

let it RIP no shame in doing your thing...

Print