No need for a scale, 420 pounds and I feel great!

Options

Replies

• crystal479
    crystal479 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    well done for having so much confidense
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    wow..you are truely inspirational! Keep up the awesome work that you are doing not only to your body..but to your mood/self..you can do it and beat it!
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    Thank you =)
  • oldersister
    oldersister Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. You are a true inspiration. Keep it up!
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Fantastic. You are a true inspiration. Keep it up!

Thanks =) being an inspiration inspires me!
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Awesome PhatAndy!! Be sure to take your 'before' pictures because I just know you will acheive AMAZING results as time progressses! I look forward to seeing you in Feb 2013 when you post a full year of this determination! Not only are you 'doing it' but you are doing it with such a fantastic attitude. God Bless PhatAndy! whooooooop whoooooop!!!

Yes I got the before pics! I cant wait for the after pics! im already noticing a difference and excited about it but i dont want to post any yet!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    So, in 20 days you lost a few pounds out of a total of 200 you may need to lose, and in spite of your ill health, you feel great, so out with the prescribed medication.
    After only 20 days?
    You decided to become your own shrink?
    NOT GOOD!
    Mental illness doesn't just go away just because you drop a few pounds and feel good about it.

You are setting yourself up for a major fall.

I gotta say this one stung a little to wake up and read. How about this, Ive lived 26 years being Fat and trying to kill myself because everyone tells me to. for the first time in my entire life I LOVE myself. 20 days or not Reguardles, I feel AMAZING. If I dont have a lifestyle change I will die before im 40. GUARENTEED. Yes I talked to the doctor first ofcourse, I wouldnt just withdrawl from antidepressants. Any other time in life I have tried weight loss Iv'e given up after 5 days, Cant stand not drinking coke. I now have a slipped disk, a cracked rib, and havent had a coke in 20 days and you know what? as stated before. I feel AMAZING. I love and respect myself for what im doing and again, I have consulted a doctor on the antidepressants..

Wonderful!!!
  • HnyB123
    HnyB123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I personally feel like I need to get back on my anti-depressants, and that would help me stay motivated, but whatever works for you is awesome. I think you are doing a great job, and at the end of the day I do believe it all comes down to how you feel about yourself. Thanks for sharing.
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Yeah, I guess everyone is different. I will never know without trying right!
  • livetolove24
    livetolove24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job and awesome encouraging story you have! Keep it up!
  • ford8709
    ford8709 Posts: 140
    Options
    Great job! I'm glad you are feeling better about yourself. I'm concerned about cold turkey stopping your antidepressant. Talk with your dr. They need to be weaned down not just stopped because they can have serious side effects with stopping.
    Keep up the good work with food and exercise.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking control of your life.

Just one thought...did you talk with your doc or pharmacist about stopping your antidepressants? Most of them you have to stop slowly. If you stop abruptly you could have some withdrawal symptoms...headaches, irritability, emotional distress, and possibly a relapse in depression. I highly recommend you talk to a medical professional about doing this.

Once again, congrats on all you've accomplished so far. I know there is more to come in the future = )
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Congrats on taking control of your life.

Just one thought...did you talk with your doc or pharmacist about stopping your antidepressants? Most of them you have to stop slowly. If you stop abruptly you could have some withdrawal symptoms...headaches, irritability, emotional distress, and possibly a relapse in depression. I highly recommend you talk to a medical professional about doing this.

Once again, congrats on all you've accomplished so far. I know there is more to come in the future = )

Yes, addressed this many times, thanks for your concern =)
  • rlwart
    rlwart Posts: 47 Member
    Options

So, in 20 days you lost a few pounds out of a total of 200 you may need to lose, and in spite of your ill health, you feel great, so out with the prescribed medication.
    After only 20 days?
    NOT GOOD!
    Mental illness doesn't just go away just because you drop a few pounds and feel good about it.

Agreed!

ya I'm worried about this too! Do feel good, do keep going. Don't quit taking your meds, there's no link between weight loss and brain chemistry. Plus if you quit taking something that's working (partly why you feel better right now) sometimes the brain changes and the good stuff quits working for that particular brain the next time you try it! Then it's harder to find something else that works later if you hit a rough spot (which believe me they come and go at every weight!)
  • ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think it's wonderful that you are feeling amazing and I wish you all the best. This feeling you have leads to more self motivation along the way so keep it up. You may have some down times obviously but always remember how you felt when you started this thread... it will remind you of what you are able to accomplish. My father died of sepsis (caused by heart disease) when he was 33 years old... I think you had a very close call by dealing with this condition and I'm happy to see you are still around to take control of your life and your health. Feel free to add me if you need more MFP support.
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fabulous thread... Thanks for sharing... Add me as a friend... I would love to go on this grueling journey with you... Its awesome to support people that want to help themselves and motivate them when every day doesn't turn out right... We all could use some help and an encouragement like your story gives...
  • PhatAndy
    Options

After only 20 days?
    NOT GOOD!

Agreed!

ya I'm worried about this too! Do feel good, do keep going. Don't quit taking your meds, there's no link between weight loss and brain chemistry. Plus if you quit taking something that's working (partly why you feel better right now) sometimes the brain changes and the good stuff quits working for that particular brain the next time you try it! Then it's harder to find something else that works later if you hit a rough spot (which believe me they come and go at every weight!)

Well thank you for being kind and civilized about it, unlike the fellow that you quoted, however, I have heard MANY different stories claiming meds actually turned out to make people WAY less happy, WAY more tired.. and whats the point of pumping my body full of chemichals, i stopped taking these meds 2 days ago now, down to like 50mg. and i feel better than i did when i first wrote this post
  • rlwart
    rlwart Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do hope you succeed with your goals! It seems like I've been struggling with my weight all my life. This year I'm aiming to reach my goal before I turn 40 and it seems do-able in spite of some health related roadblocks. And the occasional box of Girl Scout Cookies.
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    May I offer a couple small suggestions? I'm glad to read you are going off your meds with your doctor's permission. Do you have anyone that is aware of your depression, and that knows you well enough to be able to tell if you are slipping back into it? I only ask this because coming off the meds can be a real roller coaster. The chemicals in your brain have been assisted by the meds all this time. When you come off them you body can be slow to compensate. This can send you into a spiral. It's nothing to do with how great you feel about yourself, and the fantastic new mindset you have. It's about the chemicals getting back to where they should. Be on the look out for any relapse into depression. Have a friend or family member keep an eye on you as well, and if there are any problems tell your doctor immediately. Ok?

These were my thoughts exactly, and I only chime in because my Dad also suffers from mental illness, and my Mom is really the only person who can tell when he is starting to slip. He can never realize when it's happening, precisely because of his illness, and I don't live at home anymore to assist. So this was my exact concern for you, because I've been in that spot. Yes, please keep in touch with friends/family that you trust so they can be on the lookout.
    I should also note that I also work in the field of Pharmacy, specifically in a psychiatric hospital, and I've seen way too many people come in because they have abruptly stopped their medications without their Dr's knowledge or any outside support system. It's not pretty. I just don't want the same for you. But I don't want to discourage you! You have a great outlook and seem to be doing things the right way. Best of luck to you sir!

I feel like ive touched on this one too many times, I have consulted a doctor, I am completely off of the meds as of today, I am being monitored!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!