spaghetti squash recipes?

Options

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    In my area it's been so expensive. They want $1.18 a pound and they're running at least 5#.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I would love to see more of these recipes as well!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jen1013
    Jen1013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner last night and it was fantastic: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/spaghetti-squash-lasagna.html

Doesn't really slice and hold together like lasagna, but it's a big yummy bowl of saucy cheesy deliciousness. :smile:
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I tried something new this week and it was great. Just microwaved the spaghetti squash (cut in half, scooped out, flesh side down in about 1/2 inch water - covered with plastic wrap for about 10-12 minutes) and put yummy ratatouille on top. Topped with red pepper flakes. Oh my yum!!

(Just google South Beach Phase 1 Classic Ratatouille for that recipe. Basically, sauteed eggplant, zucchini, tomato, onion, garlic and spices.)
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I make Ground turkey meat sauce with tomato sauce. I put that on the spaghetti squash and eat it just like spaghetti. It is literally my favorite food now. I CRAVE it. I never thought I would say that about something healthy.

I do something similar and I crave it too! Right now I'm eating spaghetti squash bake for lunch. Steamed spaghetti squash, turkey bratwurst, onion, mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, mozzerella cheese, and parmesan cheese. Sooooooooo filling and soooooooo yummy!!! <3
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I just use it like pasta, with sauce and tons of roasted veggies. Since they are only available for a short time.
    I bought 4 of them roasted them in the oven for only 30 min:drinker: . When they were cooled I scooped them out and put them in plastic bags and froze them. I plan to have squash all winter. I love it.

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=spaghetti squash
    There are some really good ones on Allrecipe.
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    I've done most of the variations mentioned above--love them all.

One easy way which I also love is to take the cooked spaghetti squash (microwave or roasted--I personally much prefer roasted if you have the time), and top it with fresh salsa from the produce section, and reduced fat sour cream. VERY yummy & low calorie!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti Squash
    Original Recipe Yield 4 servings
    Ingredients
    1 spaghetti squash
    1/4 cup smart balance or butter
    1/2 onion, chopped
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1 cup fat free sour cream salt and pepper to taste
    Directions
    Cut in half, scoop out seeds and brush with olive oil, place down on sheet pan and roast in oven for 45- 60 min on 400
    When squash if done, melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat; add the onion and garlic. Stir and cook until the onions are soft. Stir in the cream of mushroom and sour cream until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then reduce heat to the lowest setting to keep it warm.
    Remove spaghetti squash from oven. Let cool for a few minutes. Use a towel or a pot holder to hold the spaghetti squash and Scrape the flesh from the stem to the bottom of the squash using a fork into a bowl. Pour the mushroom mixture from the sauce pan to the bowl and mix together.
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I had something similar to Creamy Mushroom listed above tonight.

I fried up some chicken (bite size) and mushrooms (bite size), then added a can of mushroom soup (campbells), and the spaghetti squash... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Good!!!!!!!!! My fave so far! My fiance put it up there with his fave!

I also added salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
  • artgalchitown
    artgalchitown Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good way to cut spaghetti squash in half (lengthwise)? I attempted to do it with a chef's night tonight, and it literally took 20 minutes and was rather scary. Wrong knife?
  • azeria
    Options
    That's a really good question!!! I just went and bought a new knife because I was having such a hard time. Let me tell you this knife is not any better... it always takes a while to get through the spaghetti squash!!! I would love to know what kind of knife that I should invest in, because I struggle with that as well. Sometimes it's all crooked and everything!
  • BrittanyMelinda
    Options
    I have a spaghetti squash in the fridge i plan on cooking tomorrow for supper, great recipes! I cant wait to try them! :)
  • azeria
    Options
    For all you Spaghetti Squash lovers. I found out that if you use those special knives to cut a pumpkin, you will be able to cut the squash no probs! Just had to share :-)
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I read someplace about doing spaghetti squash in the microwave while it is whole. Take a knife and punch 3 or 4 wholes in the squash. Put on microwave safe plate and nuke for 6 minutes, turn over and cook 6 more minutes. Will be hot. Let sit for 5 - 10 minutes. Squash will be soft, then you can cut it in half, carefully, will be hot. Scoop out seeds and voila you can easily fork out the spaghetti.
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered spaghetti squash too and I will eat the crap out of it. I bake it at 350 for an hour and then scrape the insides out.

The way I eat them: I put like about a cup in a bowl, load it with butter, parsley, and garlic salt and then nuke it until the butter is all melted. I LOVE it that way.

I've frozen it before too, but it seems to get a little mushy and more watery after it thaws.
  • northernlights907
    Options
    This is soo good, spaghetti squash lasagna. I made it so much I got sick of it. My boyfriend loves it too.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/spaghetti-squash-lasagna.html
  • nwilson1213
    nwilson1213 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm trying spaghetti squash for the first time tonight! So excited!
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    BUMP