White Bread

White rice

White pasta.

Are you losing weight?

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I eat white rice, white pasta and white bread, and yes I am.

I don't always have white pasta or white rice - I just have a stockpile of rice that includes some white that I'm slowly using up. White pasta I have once or twice a week - wholemeal pasta is what I eat when I'm not sharing a meal with my fiance, who won't touch the stuff.

I absolutely hate wholemeal bread. I can handle malt grain breads on pre-made shop-bought sandwiches, but I'm not a bread person as it is so white makes it easier for me.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I have white pasta, white and granary bread, white / wild rice and brown rice, usually semi skimmed milk but that's just because that's what I've always had, if I make a rice pudding I use white rice and full cream gold top milk. Ive been losing consistently so see no reason to not have them, everything in moderation :smile:
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I eat white rice n pasta, still lose weight and sometimes drink full fat milk (reg milk?), but I honestly prefer soymilk
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    I've got all that stuff minus the milk because I think milk is nasty anyway. :) And yes, still losing weight. Like em9371 said, everything in moderation. The trick is to consume fewer calories than you did before, and I don't believe in "forbidden" foods. I eat anything I want, I just make sure it fits within my calorie budget for the day.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i dont eat any of those, and i dont see the point of eating them since whole grain versions make you feel fuller for so much longer AND they are healthier for you! almond milk is pretty darn delicious too, cant stand whole milk :P
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat white pasta and rice, since that is what we can afford. In moderation... and yes I am losing weight. Also I drink soy milk instead of regular.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    As long as you are on a calorie deficit you will lose weight. White bread, sugar, white pasta are all "ok" to eat as long as you're still on a calorie deficit. They are just not as healthy for you as brown rice, whole wheat pasta etc. They also won't make you feel as full as long and will boost insulin levels and make you feel hungrier in a shorter period of time which will make dieting harder. I personally avid them.
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't touch any of those as I instantly gain weight. I'm focussing on eating mainly whole foods with very little processed food. Special occasions only now.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I eat rice on occasion, but no to all the others. I bloat really badly when I eat pasta and white bread.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself of anything..I just try to eat less of it.
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yes (but white bread, I like whole grain bread) and I nearly reached my goal...wih the same questions though. My skinny wife is another example we can. This changes may be required for the very last 3-5 lb to your lowest weight but are not required to lose weight. I lost my fat taking habits I want to keep for the rest of my life...and a life without pasta, bread or only 0% fat milk and yogurt is not normal to me. I classify people in groups: too thin, thin, normal, high mass but not fat and fat. Now I eat as if I was in the normal group for the rest of my life, with rice, bread and pasta.

I guess that if you fear these aliments, you fear insuline and carbs relation on fat storage myth. Here is an article to get everything back to its real place: http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319

Now, I tried to pass to "whole things" to avoid processed food...simply because it is better for immunity and health, nothing to do with weight loss. Usually I like them after 3 times, otherwise I move to something else...do not force yourself and keep on enjoying healthy food
  • harliquinnraver
    Options
    no.
    no.
    no.
    no.
    and yes, still losing weight.

i hate the items you listed and much prefer whole grains and soymilk if i have milk at all....its pretty rare for me. mostly, i just drink water.
  • jennywren1971
    jennywren1971 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Full fat milk

White Bread

White rice

White pasta.

Are you losing weight?

Usually have skim because I am used to the taste
    Usually have multigrain but will eat white if there is nothing else but I don't have bread every day anymore. Fresh white bead is my kryptonite.
    We use basmati rice which is white but lower gi
    Usually have whole meal pasta
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    I rarely ate rice before, maybe once every couple of months, haven't had any since I started here.
    Pasta I ate maybe once a fortnight, haven't had any of that either. I bought some wholewheat stuff this week but yet to try it.

BREAD! I ate sooo much bread before - the cheapo $1.10 a loaf kind. We'd go through at least a loaf a day in our household. I would eat 3-4 slices of toast for breakfast, 2 sandwiches=4 slices for lunch. Oink oink. Big fat soft doughy homemade burger buns... homemade bread. Pizza dough. Pizza bread. Lots of cheeeeese.

I don't think I've had any white bread/buns since starting here, I have 2 slices of wholegrain burgen stuff for breakfast most mornings ( can't pig out on that cos it's too expensive) and wraps for lunch and often dinner too. But plain old white sliced bread and buns etc I try to keep away from, for now.

I drink 0 fat high calcium milk, it's good because the others in my house won't drink it so I never run out haha
  • MissDana1105
    MissDana1105 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't care for Full fat milk but I drink 1 or 2%. I eat wheat breat though, it's been a habit for a long time, unless I have a specialty bread then its normally white bread. I eat white rice all the time, I used to like brown rice but my fiance hated it so it's been so long since I've had it I don't really like it anymore.

And overall I've lost 30 pounds without giving those up.
  • hepsi
    hepsi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have skimmed milk only and not more than 1/4 cup a day, full fat milk makes me nauseous for some reason...maybe white Pasta and rice but once or twice a week...I only use linguine pasta now...and I do not have white bread anymore...too many calories and carbs...I like my snacks so I keep my meals as healthy as it possibly can get, allows me to fit number of snacks into my day....
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've got all that stuff minus the milk because I think milk is nasty anyway. :) And yes, still losing weight. Like em9371 said, everything in moderation. The trick is to consume fewer calories than you did before, and I don't believe in "forbidden" foods. I eat anything I want, I just make sure it fits within my calorie budget for the day.

totally agree with you...as long as I'm eating in moderation then I'm losing weight, I don't deprive myself of something as long as I have the calories for it
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    I eat all the items in the list and still lose weight...
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I eat basmati rice but its not a weekly occurrence. Pasta maybe once every 10 days. I love my full fat milk but only have 500ml maximum in a day sometimes less.
    White bread has always been a part of our family. I buy low GI bread and now buy my bread from Bakers delight fresh. Ive tried some wholemeal breads, wasnt too fussed on them but I am currently trying a 9 grain bread. And have just started on Rye wraps.

So hopefully these will be fine , as others have said everything in moderation. :smile:
  • xxlisxx
    Options
    I have always drank semi skimmed, I have cut bread out totally - this has worked wonders no more feeling sluggish!! :-)