Homebrewers?

Options
2»

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for that link!
    I have a keg which should be ready for sampling in the next few weeks (brewed ready for the rugby world cup)- could be dangerous! I think I might have to switch to bottling, because otherwise the temptation to go back to the keg for another glass is too great- while I could store the bottles out of temptation (maybe!).
    I need to figure a way to work beer into a healthy sustainable way of life, given thats its my major vice and I am plainly not going to stay off it forever- but being a 5'2" girly with a bmr of 1200 that could be tricky.

I'm 5'3" and sit at a desk all day.. and I LOVE BEER. I have found that with plenty of exercise I can fit a decent amount of beer in my week. It's not an everyday thing any more, but it's still there.
  • olivedrab
    olivedrab Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and sit at a desk all day.. and I LOVE BEER. I have found that with plenty of exercise I can fit a decent amount of beer in my week. It's not an everyday thing any more, but it's still there.

Exactly! Plus, what's better after a long run (or whatever exercise) than a cold beer???
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    I been brewing for about 10 years. My biggest problem is that I make it faster then I drink it. I have a closet full of beer. Most of it is heavy stuff, I got into barley wines (up to 24% ABV) for a while, and now they are ageing nicely. They really mellow out between 3 to 5 years. I also have an IBA, IPA and English bitter stowed away. Maybe I should throw a party once my weight is off.
  • fatcon1
    Options
    hi i started brewing about 3 months ago. i use the coopers kits and they are really easy to use. i brewed the lager that came with the kit but i like my ales . started to drink my second batch real ale kit about 5% tastes really good used brewing sugar and dry malt . i am going to try a german bock next . need some friends add me:drinker:
  • sueceeq
    sueceeq Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Plus, what's better after a long run (or whatever exercise) than a cold beer???
    [/quote]

It is funny that you say that! My daughters' ran in the Chicago marathon and when they crossed the finish line they handed them a glass of beer!
    We used to brew beer but have switched to wine. It is hard for me to stay on track sometimes with so much good wine in the house so I have started using a measuring cup and measuring every ounce I drink and tracking it. I know now that I was under-estimating, a LOT! I am keeping better track and finally starting to lose again!