Facebook Post from One Year Ago Today:

Options
MY FACEBOOK POST FROM ONE YEAR AGO TODAY:
"Thank you all for the birthday wishes, and yes, I saw my shadow. I've spent the last eleven years getting older, fatter, more depressed, more cynical, and frankly, I am tired of that. So, I've determined that this year will be a turning point. I will still grow older but become younger, fitter, happier, and think more positively. So far I've dropped 20 pounds, feel much better, and seem pretty positive. Peace."

I just read this for the first time since I wrote it, and it hit me really hard. When I started using MFP in March of last year, I was just looking for a site to record my calories and exercise that was on BOTH my computer and iPhone. I had NO interest in the community aspect. Frankly, I was uncomfortable with the whole idea, and left it alone for a week or two before posting a topic in the threads seeking MFPals. Looking back a year, I can hardly comprehend the transformation I've made so far, even aside from weight loss, accomplished with the help of some very special people on MFP. I could have never foreseen how valuable my MFPals would become to me.

Thanks again, my friends. I just can't get over how grateful I am to you for helping me in ALL of the ways mentioned in that Facebook post. :flowerforyou:

For those new to MFP, please do yourselves a favor and find some supportive friends, engage with them, and make the most out of the tools and opportunities that this site provides.

Replies