any christians? (:

Options

Replies

• preacher_lady
    preacher_lady Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am a "Daughter of THE King - the King of kings!" I'm a Spirit-filled Christian female who loves the Lord and life. I minister in prisons to inmates and also lead group exercise classes at Anytime Fitness for senior adults. Any one can add me who would like to. I am always looking for other Christians for mutual support and encouragement!
  • Stevearenoo
    Options
    Hi
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Definitely a Christian here! Was reading the atheist forum and they were bashing us pretty hard. *smh* I have never done nothing to no one and still they think all Christians are the same. I am not judgemental at all because I believe that if you totally do not want to accept the gospel (having no ears to hear and a hard heart) then I (or the Lord) can not help you. Nice to see some good (non-judgmental people on here!)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcomed to add me :)
  • rmsl100
    Options
    I am a Christian as well. I love the Lord and gladly serve him daily. I am new here and look forward to restoring my temple to it's former healthy state. I need all the help I can get, so feel free to add me.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Definitely a Christian here! Was reading the atheist forum and they were bashing us pretty hard. *smh* I have never done nothing to no one and still they think all Christians are the same. I am not judgemental at all because I believe that if you totally do not want to accept the gospel (having no ears to hear and a hard heart) then I (or the Lord) can not help you. Nice to see some good (non-judgmental people on here!)

I read through the thread as well and I think that the Christians are doing more damage than good over there. I know their intention is to evangelize but that is not the way.

I am sure that both of these will soon be deleted.

D
  • kevinlaz
    Options
    add me
  • Levi_Hansen
    Levi_Hansen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Real christians are not intolerant or judgmental. They don't condescend and tell people that they'll "pray for you" whenever they don't agree with your opinions. Christians means little christs and acting superior was not how Jesus rolled. When the pharisees criticized Jesus for chilling with tax collectors and prostitutes - he responded that those were the ones who might need him.

Seems like a christian should try to be decent to others and inspire more by actions than words. So should atheists, agnostics...everybody. It's hard to do that though because people from all walks find ways to tick each other off or make bad examples that turn others away.

I confess that I've always been confused about atheism and what folks DO choose to use for a basis for morality by which to live their lives.

Still. Making blanket statements against all christians being preachy or fake isn't necessarily any more true than saying all atheists are angry or unhappy is it?
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.

Yes, there are 'religions' but we have relationship with our Father and Savior!

I agree with you 100%! It's about a Relationship not religion!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    In my most troublesome time and there have been many I have always thanked the Lord. I keep thinking about the foot steps in the sand.
  • DannieW155
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Living He Loved Me, Dying He Saved Me!!!! Feel free to Add me......I am new and would love to meet ya!
  • Actavella
    Actavella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can add me too fellow Jesus lover!! :)
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I must say that I browsed the any atheists thread, and I see a lot of bashing for this thread in general. what I like about this thread is that none of us came on here giving some long winded explanation of their beliefs, why? because all God requires of us is simply YES. Yes to his will and to his way, our knowledge and whatever power we possess here on this Earth is nothing in comparison to the all knowing and powerful Great I AM. he just wants our Yes

Maybe it is because no Atheists came on this thread and bashed your beliefs like you did to the Atheists thread.

Not bashing your beliefs here. Just pointing a fact out to you.
  • unsivilized6
    unsivilized6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I love new Christian friends to hold in prayer and accountability!!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It's all about what brings you comfort in your life and I'm proud to say I'm part of the group. Feel free to add me too.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    absolutely!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I definitely am!:happy:
  • Aphreal
    Aphreal Posts: 103
    Options
    Memememe!! :) Is there a group established?
  • briocktj
    briocktj Posts: 128
    Options
    YES!!!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options

HI there young Lady. I know you mean well, but I (one of those dreaded Atheists) is wondering about your statement above. You mentioned not being judgmental at all, yet in your quote you(or your gospel/bible) equates those that do not accept the bible as "having no ears" and having a "hard heart". Does this not imply that us "Atheists" are not only deaf (therefore without some fundamental sense (hearing)) but furthermore unable to be kind -hearted, compassionate or empathic (assuming that is meant by having a "hard heart"). Surely that qualifies as being judgmental.
    I know that you thought your belief system was being "bashed" by us Atheists in the other thread, but I think that might have stemmed from a sense of frustration by a few in the implied superiority of certain belief systems (as in the good old: Oh you poor atheists, I shall pray for you") over others. However the vast majority of the posts actually completely ignore you fine human beings and are quite happy to let you live your lives in any way you see fit, with or without a god/spirit/divinity. Be well.
This discussion has been closed.