Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need to lose 50+ - would love some support!

While my hubby is supportive, he has never struggled with his weight like I have. I am 5'3", 44 years old and weighed in at a whopping 195 pounds last week, my highest ever. I am trying to be faithful about going to the gym to do some pseudo-cardio (so-called because if you saw my speed...well, you'd understand) and trying to watch what I eat more than ever before, but I'm worried about burn-out and would love some support.

Anyone out there in the same boat who would be willing to help keep me accountable and share the trials and tribulations?! I am determined to change things...I found myself way out of breath climbing just one flight of stairs. I've GOT to do something!

Replies

• comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Could have been me writing your post :)
    Sent you a request.
  • ValReaves
    ValReaves Posts: 43 Member
    Hi... Send me a friend request and I would be most happy to walk along side of you to encourage you. I have found the tools and support here to be wonderful!
    Val :-)
  • Of course, believe that it is more difficult for women anyway. I will keep you going.
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Feel free to add me! I'm 41, 5'2" and need to lose 75 more lbs....my husband has NEVER been into weight loss until he bought a scale and saw how much he weighed! HA HA HA! Reality bites...lol....
  • I'm 36 and a mother of 4 and would like to lose over 200lbs(ugh, I disgust myself by saying that, but it's true =( lol)
    My husband too has the metabolism of a 16 year old and can eat whatever he wants and never gains so I can relate there -_- whatta jerk! lol
    So if you need some support, I will gladly be there to share your journey with you.
    I will be sticking around here for a very long time till I reach where I want to be.
    Anyone who has a large amount of weight to lose is welcome to add me as well!
  • I'd be glad to cheer you on ! My husband is the same way. His dr told him to lose 10 lbs, but he thinks "quit eating" will do it.
    I just go on and do my own thing. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of every one else. I am your age and I want to stay healthy and be able to take care of myself. We have no children, so I have more time than most people. I go to Curves instead of a regular gym. The support there is great too. There are lots of them, hopefully one near you. I also do yoga. That doesn't seem like exercise, it's a treat for body, mind and soul. :smile:
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    You're definitely heading in the right direction. You'll find plenty of support here. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jedw31
    jedw31 Posts: 26 Member
    Hi, add me for some mutual celebrating/commiserating :)
  • Feel free to add me as a friend. Everything you said is soooo familiar! LOL
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 302 Member
    Thank you guys so, SO much. I have a serious case of the warm fuzzies just from reading your posts. I am so determined to get healthy and be more fit.
  • hello I understand where you coming from :)feel free to add me as well
  • Ydrgn
    Ydrgn Posts: 18 Member
    Oh I so understand where u are coming from and joining MFP is a great first step. I also need to lose 50+ since I reached my heaviest a couple months ago. But this site has been a life savor. I have tried several times before to lose weight but would always give up since I wouldnt see results. SInce truly committing here I have lost 12 lbs and still determined to keeping going. Feel free to add me please. We need all the support possible; its a tough journey but so worth the effort. Good luck.
  • operavagabond
    operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
    Welcome! I'm 43 and I want to lose 55 pounds! Friends from MFP really help to keep me focused! Good Luck!! :)
  • Feel free to add me, i'm 36, lost 125lbs so far, but i still have almost 100 to go til goal =)
  • Feel free to add me as well!! I've been here for one month so far. I am 44 and need to lose about 70 pounds! I would love to be a part of your cheering section.
  • DayDreamer78
    DayDreamer78 Posts: 19 Member
    We can help each other!