The one exercise you hate, BUT...

Options
you do it anyway because you know it'll get you results?

I HATE WEIGHTED LUNGES, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forward or backward, I just can't stand them.

What's your most-hated-but-you-do-it-anyway exercise?

Replies

• Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Almost all of it. Lol

Mostly due to time restraints. I'd rather be spending time with my little one but I know exercising is for my benefit & his too because he'll have a healthy mama.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Almost all of it. Lol

Mostly due to time restraints. I'd rather be spending time with my little one but I know exercising is for my benefit & his too because he'll have a healthy mama.

Aww. =( I've got a couple of friends with kids. That's their big complain too. The way the get through it is by thinking to themselves "This is MY time. Not their time. It's time for me to think about me for a little while." I bet it's tough. I don't know, I don't have kids, lol. I have three dogs????? (doesn't count, I know, haha)
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm lunges too. They make my knees burn and my heart rate rocket. I hate them so much and try to cheat my way out of them best I can for the most part...mostly because I don't want to damage my knees doing the stupid things as my family has a history of knee problems.

That any mountain climbers! I'd rather do an hour of jumping jacks any day!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Lunges for sure........and squats. I actually dont like exercize in general but I do it cause it gets me where I want to be.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    body pump!! it hurts sooo much but the results are totally worth it
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I hat elunges...and any arm work....but it must be done!
  • cansmith80
    Options
    Lunges, squats, any type of jumping.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    weight lifting.... I get so bored. But I know it's necessary so I do it anyway.
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    After my first Body Combat class today I am going to go with Body Combat!!!!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Running! But I love getting better at it, and I love to think that some day I may actually "be a runner."
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    you do it anyway because you know it'll get you results?

I HATE WEIGHTED LUNGES, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forward or backward, I just can't stand them.

have to agree! There a killer, which means they must be worth doing, but I hate them along with running!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of oblique crunches, but I have to work on my jesus abs some way.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts. My form is inconsistent and it's the biggest pain in the *kitten* when trying to set up with right form. But I know it's one of the best back/posterior chain lifts there are, so I continue to work on getting the form down pat.
  • Laurarunnergirl
    Laurarunnergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Pushups!! Yeah, I know they're good for my arms, BUT....

Fortunately/unfortunately for me, I dislocated my shoulder a couple of months ago, so no pushups in the immediate future (aw darn) :)
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Used to be ab workouts...but now I love em.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i used to hate a lot of leg work outs, because i just wasn't putting up the right amount of (heavy) weight that i thought i should be and my form was awful. so my trainer had me doing a lot of body weight lunges and squats, and box jumps, and step ups, and split squats.

i hate my trainer.

but now my deadlift and squat form is spot on, and the weight i'm lifting is getting higher.
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I hate jumping jacks... and jump lunges. ugh!
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the lunges! And any type of push ups!
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I don't like doing anything I hate, so I don't. There are plenty of exercises I love, so I stick with those.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Used to be ab workouts...but now I love em.

I would say so.