Sacred Heart Diet

Options
Has anyone ever tried the sacred heart diet? A coworker of mine told me it worked really well for her, but I just wanted some more input.

Replies

• Indygal39
    Options
    Never heard of it till you mentioned it. It sounds like something more natural and cleansing. Are you going to try it?

Advantages of the Sacred Heart Diet: http://www.sacredheartdietinfo.com/

The diet, can have many benefits when accompanied continue at a moderate pace and is safe and regular exercise and healthy eating. You can reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes through the program of weight loss of power of the Sacred Heart. However, we recommend that you follow the diet of the Sacred Heart for the long-term use.

Below is given the 7-day Sacred Heart Diet schedule that can be followed by aspirants wishing to quickly reduce some pounds:

Day 1:

You can have fruit except for bananas during the first day. More advisable are watermelons and cantaloupes, since they have lesser calories than other fruits. It is recommended to have only fruits and soup today.

Day 2:

You can have all the vegetables on the second day. Have cooked, fresh, raw, or canned veggies till you are full. Do no go for peas, corn, or dry beans. Try having more green leafy vegetables. You can also eat a baked potato along with butter in your dinner. However, do not have any fruits on the second day.

Day 3:

You can eat all sorts of vegetables, fruits, soup and other soups on this day, but do not go for any baked potatoes.

Day 4:

Have skim milk and bananas on the fourth day of your diet plan. Drink as much milk as possible along with the soup. Eat minimum 3 bananas today.

Day 5:

This diet plan recommends having tomatoes and beef on its fifth day. Have a can full of tomatoes or up to 6 tomatoes and 10-20 ounces of beef. Try eating the soup at least once during the day.

Day 6:

You can eat as much vegetables and beef as you wish on day 6. Do not go for baked potatoes and have 2 to 3 steaks if you wish. Today, again have the soup at least once.

Day 7:

On the seventh day of your schedule, eat vegetables, brown rice, and unsweetened fruit juice, until you are full. You can also go for cooked vegetables in your rice. Also have the soup today.

Drinks that are allowed during the implementation of the Sacred Heart Diet include tea (herbal as well), cranberry juice, unsweetened juices, lots of water, coffee, and skim milk.

The recipe for the diet soup goes as follows:

* 1 or 2 cans of diced, stewed, or whole canned tomatoes

* 3 large green onions for taste

* 2 cans of green beans

* Few teaspoons of beef bullion for taste

* 1 pkg. chicken noodles

* 1 bunch of chopped celery

* 2 green/red/yellow/orange peppers

* ¼ or ½ shredded cabbage

You can season your soup with parsley, pepper curry, salt, Worcestershire or hot sauce, and bullion. Cut the vegetables into small or medium sized pieces and cover the soup with water. Boil for 10 continuous minutes and then reduce to simmer. Cook the soup until all the vegetables are soft but not mushy.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'd question any "diet" that has protein cut out on most days. Do you want to lose fat or muscle?

Also, "lesser"? Really? Wonder who wrote the food schedule (not slamming the poster as she likely copied and pasted).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Sounds dangerous. Unless someone is morbidly obese and under a doctor's care, I think it's a bad food plan.

Very few calories, no protein to speak of.

This is a good way to get in trouble by underreating and low nutritional value.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Ugh, sounds awful.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I actually have a friend who did a similar diet to this (where the main meal for the week was soup, and the rest of the days were split up almost exactly like this, what got copied and pasted here just mentions the soup less). She reported, after following the plan for a week, a loss of 10 lbs. After two weeks, the second week being her normal, healthy diet, she had gained back all but 2 lbs. She concluded that the loss was primarily water weight. And that after a week, she was unbelievably tired of the soup. I wouldn't bother with it, as it is quite definitely a gimmick diet that you can't expect to realistically maintain (and probably shouldn't) for any length of time. As someone else mentioned, if anything, it's more of a cleanse.
  • kasafrass
    kasafrass Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, guys! I don't think I am going to try it. It just doesn't really seem worth it. I'd most likely gain it all back after going back to eating normal again. Instead I got 30 Day Shred :)
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Definitely go for the 30 Day Shred option! It's an incredible program!
  • Insinr8r
    Options
    Here in Australia it's known as the Soup Diet and only meant to be followed for 2 weeks only and then a sensible low GI eating plan followed. People have had success but short term only.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The soup is really yum. But yeah, that's about it.
  • kayaka1
    kayaka1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did this for a couple of weeks - it really kickstarted her weight loss journey for which she has now succeeded!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    So this has nothing to do with the tv show Scrubs?

:grumble:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

Apparently not, otherwise it would include a lifetime supply of muffins.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Apparently not, otherwise it would include a lifetime supply of muffins.

And a trunk full of pudding.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    it seems so random-- is there any reasoning behind those foods?

Anyway i avoid restrictive diets in general because I have a rebellious streak-- tell me not to have baked potatoes and that's all I'm going to want all day. :P
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Eat as clean as possible "no processed foods" Read labels, stick as close to Cal. per day as you can. It works.

Oh ya, exercise.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Any diet that tells you what foods you can and can't eat should be avoided. There's no reason to avoid anything in your diet.
  • fatimanazeer
    Options
    I've done this diet a couple times (after pregnancies and completing nursing) . It worked for me. I ate way more fruits and veggies than I normally would and didn't gain the weight back afterwards. If you are going to go back to your old eating habits, you'll obviously gain the weight back. It's only a week long. No big deal.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Any diet that tells you what foods you can and can't eat should be avoided. There's no reason to avoid anything in your diet.

This. Who decided this conglomeration is some ideal combination of magic ingredients?

also, fatimanazeer...a 3 year old account and your first post is also a necrobump! Nice!

400px-Necro2.jpg
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    lots o cabbage = lots o toots!

do it when you are on vacation please

:)
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    oh, yeah, that necro thingy- huh, it was closed for 2 years. How would one even come accross it. huh