Opinion needed... skipping a Super Bowl party to avoid the f

Options
2»

Replies

• Hsnopi
    Hsnopi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yer not a sissy. If this was all super easy everyone in the world would be fit. So don't worry about that.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    yer not a sissy. If this was all super easy everyone in the world would be fit. So don't worry about that.

Exactly - it's hard. Whatever you do just push forward strong the next day and you'll do great!!!
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've been known to turn down invitations just because I don't want to eat the food or drink the drinks, but if it was something I really didn't want to miss then I'd eat something filling but low-cal before I go & (if it's a situation where saying no to offered food wouldn't be possible) I'd choose small amounts of the healthiest options and just do my best.
    If these new lifestyles of ours are forever then we should be able to enjoy ourselves & have a little splurge every now & again without feeling too guilty, but I do understand your hesitation.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm bringing stuff myself...a GREAT veggie plate (with cauliflower, green peppers, celery, lotsa cukes and some olives), naked wings, some turkey meatballs, a hummus dip, and a little berry plate, pineapple, nanners and yogurt dip for dessert! I'm sharing (and made A BUNCH) because I know several people also trying to eat healthier and this place is loaded poatato skins, mozarella sticks and breaded fried EVERYTHING!

I'm going to prove that I can interact with people and yummies without eating that stuff because it's "there".
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would skip. You are new at this lifestyle. You need to give yourself some time to fully get into it before you tempt yourself. Whatever you decide to do, I wish the best of luck and hope that you eat healthy tomorrow.
  • jdnuts
    jdnuts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have to go! It's true what everyone is saying--this is a lifestyle remodeling. Sometimes I feel like every weekend is super bowl Sunday. If I fill up on veggies, tea and exercise and watch my calories throughout week, I do well..Good luck..
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am only counting calories right now but here's what I'm doing:

I made a cheat sheet of what I can eat and how much of it. Like how many hot wings- I got the recipe so I could figure this out..

Chew slowly so your first serving will last for a long time.....
    I'm bringing a huge water bottle with some 0 calorie flavoring....

Do some cardio in the morning, like walking at a brisk pace a few times around the block.... and hey if you can't speed-walk forever nonstop don't worry about it.... your still burning calories like crazy as long as your heart rate is up... so alternate walking and speed-walking every 30 seconds...

2 months can make a HUGE difference... just only eat the amount of calories allotted to you per day and if you are still hungry do more cardio so you can have some calorie credits to eat..

If this is a lot and your not ready... Don't go... screw the party.... weak is giving up on your goal over a game... a great game, but a game nonetheless.
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    You are not a sissy!!!! I agree with a lot of people if working out and being healthy was easy we would all look like those celebs with killer bodies! Go and have fun, make note of what you're eating so you are keeping accountable, eat something healthy before and drink a lot of water. Water will fill some void in your stomach besides food!
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You know what? Dont let anyone judge you. You do what you need to do. I've had to do some crazy things to stay focused. If you do go definetly bring something healthy for everyone to share. Best to you and congrats so far
  • tiffany_suz
    Options
    DO NOT SKIP IT. THIS IS A TIME TO PROVE TO YOURSELF THAT YOU CAN DO THIS.

TAKE A PAD OF PAPER WITH YOU, OR JUST A PIECE OF PAPER, AND WRITE EVERY SINGLE THING YOU EAT ON THAT PIECE OF PAPER AND THE CALORIES.

you will end up watching what you eat much more intensely than if you just blindly ate from a bowl of chips. Just a suggestion!

I AGREE GREAT ADVICE!! also drink lots of water before you go and a big healthy snack :)
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would skip. You are new at this lifestyle. You need to give yourself some time to fully get into it before you tempt yourself. Whatever you decide to do, I wish the best of luck and hope that you eat healthy tomorrow.

I actually agree with this. I'm not new to this. I had a year loss, maintained it for 3 years and now I've fallen off and have to get back on it. It's much easier this time around and I'm still thinking about whether it is too soon or not. Granted, I"m a week into my journey and you are 5 weeks into yours but if this is the first time you've had to really do this, I wouldn't think you are a sissy for waiting before you are thrown into that kind of temptation. Far from it. The hardest part truly is the beginning and it takes awhile it get over the beginning. You want this to be successful long term. If you do go, you have some great suggestions in place.
  • kcoftx
    Options
    We had your back either way. Hopefully no matter what you decided, you had a great day. If not, did your team at least win?
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    I did skip it.... I didn't feel "ready" yet. A few more weeks and I'll be better able to handle it.
  • kcoftx
    Options
    Here's the deal. You are committed. You are making decisions that help you stay that way! Eventually you WILL be able to do it because your commitment is getting stronger.

Did you at least watch the game?
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    I did watch.... though I hate both teams.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Losing weight can't be just a diet. It has to be a lifestyle. It has to fit into your normal routine or you'll feel deprived and not stick with it. And worse, you won't keep it off afterwards. Go to the party. Eat the food. Try not to pig out on it but if you do, you do. Try to get in some exercise before you go to burn off some of the calories and exercise and watch what you eat the rest of the week. One day is not going to ruin a whole weeks worth of effort. Go! Have a good time and don't sweat it!

I am late but this is how I feel exactly. I ate well over 2,000calories at the party I went to, and that was useless pigging out just because it was there, however; water weight fluctuations don't freak me out, and I am mostly good M-F rarely on weekends, but do keep to drinking all my water and exercising.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling a little weak I sometimes avoid these situations. If I'm feeling stronger I will go and won't want anything. There's nithing wrong with doing what's best for you at the time x