self destructive and so the story continues...

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has trouble staying with it when they’re getting by. Many people don’t feel or look their best and would like to do something about it. But they’re not completely miserable or very sick and there’s a lot competing for our focus. There’s also some comfort in food & being less active.

Is there something about where you are now that makes it a NECESSITY for you to loose weight or eat better? It’s hard for anyone to stay motivated if they just want to look a little more cute in jeans or be at a lower risk of high blood pressure in 15 years.

I’m not going to kick you in the butt. I think you’re on the right track and will get through this hump. But there’s a powerful rock-bottom moment where some people realize, “Holy crap! I’m wasting my life and health and won’t get a second chance! This is (or could get) very bad!!” When they recover from that massive punch in the gut it’s a lot harder to loose focus. It’s essentially a life and death struggle for them. Once you get used to eating a certain way and living with that kind of focus and set of priorities it becomes almost second nature.

That’s the hard way. The alternative is to just stay in the game and keep coming back. Whatever you do don’t sweat the small stuff or beat yourself up too much.

This is excellent advice, thank you :flowerforyou:
  • casendcq9
    Options
    I go the Rocky Balboa/Ivan Drago route.....I taped a shirtless picture of me (from three months ago) to my bathroom mirror.

Somehow, I find my motivation :)

On a more serious note, I took the label off of a bottle of blood presssure medication (that I started 3 years ago at the age of 29!) and taped that under the picture. That is serious motivation for me.