For those of you who can't be trusted with a jar of peanut b

Options
I recently tried Barney Butter (it's actually almond butter but it tastes just like peanut butter). It's healthy, good for you, and unfortunately not safe for me to have in my house because I will eat way too much of it. Anyway, I went to their website and they sell individual serving size packets of it (a 90 calorie version, and a 180 calorie version). I just ordered some and thought I would share :)

http://www.barneybutter.com/products/category/barney-butter-snack-packs/

I also love trail mix, but definitely can't be trusted with a bag. I found this very cool website that lets you custom make your own trail mixes, bars and shakes (many of the ingredients are organic too which I like) and they give you individual packages with your name on them. I know you could probably do this yourself, but I like that all the nutritional info is done for you and printed right there on the bag. Anyway, I think it's a great idea (wish I had thought of it, lol).

http://www.youbars.com/

Enjoy :)

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I cant stop once I start peanut butter!!! Thanks for the info I will have to check out this barney butter!
  • jdavison91
    Options
    Great tip to help with portion control, thanks!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that with peanut butter, but I ate so much I reached a point where I can have it in and eat it occasionally. I get trail mix and weigh it and portion it as soon as I get home x
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip.
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    And as far as the Barney Butter goes - I don't know what they do to it, but it tastes SOOOOO good. It doesn't taste like "healthy almond butter" - which is also, but this tastes like smooth and creamy peanut butter that you don't have to stir - it's not grainy, or oily - it's simply PERFECT - hence me not being able to resist eating beyond the portion size :) I'm so happy they have it in the individual sizes.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    well you made it sound so good now I have to try it!!
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Almost $35 for 13 bars at YouBar. I think I will make my own or I'll lose too much weight in my wallet.
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Almost $35 for 13 bars at YouBar. I think I will make my own or I'll lose too much weight in my wallet.

yeah, they are kind of expensive - for me the bars aren't worth it, but the trail mix definitely is because I can custom make it and it's already portion controlled.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I just tried PB2 powder peanut butter and you add water to it. You can add more or less water, with the suggested amount of water it's a little dry and thick but this peanut butter tastes so good. It's only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. I had all but given up peanut butter, didn't even keep any in the house because I love peanut butter that much and also since I rarely eat bread I didn't really need the peanut butter anymore, kissed my BP toast goodbye a long time ago. :(

Anyhow, the PB2 is really good. I ate the 2 Tbsp with a green apple. It was delicious, perfect snack for me.

They also make a chocolate PB I saw, but I haven't tried it.
    I looked at so many peanut butters from big name brands to off brands, light, low fat, low sugar, no sugar, smaller packets, dipping sizes, etc. and they all still had at least 180+ calories per 2 tbsp. Sorry, I was not about to waste that many calories on 2 spoons of peanut butter.