What time do you eat your dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Between 6:30 and 7, depending on when dh gets home from work. With the kids, it is easier to eat at 6ish, but I'd say a good 90% of the time, we eat together as a family. I just feel like that is really important for all of us, so I try to have dinner basically on the table within about 10 minutes of when dh walks in, if he's going to be here on the later side.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I don't usually get lunch until around 2:30 so I tend to eat dinner between 7 and 8.
  • SLT01
    SLT01 Posts: 58
    Options
    I work from 12a - 8a, so my breakfast is usually around 930p, lunch is about 3a and dinner is 9a - 10a. I try to eat an hour to an hour and a half before I lay down for bed. I also like to add a snack in-between breakfast and lunch and then lunch and dinner ( like to keep the snacks to under 175 calories). The hardest part is the off days..still working on that..ARGGH!!
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism doesn't slow down at night- it is what it- is no matter the time of day. It is important, to eat frequently (small meals) throughout the day to keep your metabolism high though. I eat every 2-3 hours from when I wake up to 5am until about 8pm. One of the main theories behind eating your dinner early and sleeping on an empty stomach is not that your metabolism slows down, it is just that when your body is sleeping- you are inactive and your body can use that time to repair muscle and burned stored energy (in the form of fat and carbohydrate), rather than using that "repair time" to digest a heavy meal.
  • KayFE1963
    KayFE1963 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat my last meal around five no later than six during the week day. On the weekend it's whatever. :-)
  • nikki2609
    Options
    "I tend to eat around 5 because thats when my son does... and im british so "tea time" is about 5/6 pm lol xx
    [/quote]

lol, being british we confuse sooo many people by having 'tea-time' ;0)x
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    In the Winter when it get dark early I eat between 6 and 6:30. When it is light outside I eat between 7 and 8:30.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    eat your food when you want, it's what not when you eat
  • KLK1986
    Options
    wow.. am i the only person who eats dinner around 5-6pm?? haahaha.

Nope! I eat between 5 and 5:30 most days.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    We eat dinner at 5:30 everday . I have it ready when my hubby gets home everyday at the same time. Then we will have a light snack at 7pm but none after that.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it. Doesn't matter.
  • kalepowered
    kalepowered Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It varies between 4:30 and oh... 10 or so? most nights. Sometimes if I'm closing at work, my boss has me go to break at 4:30 (eew) & I either eat then or wait until I'm home at 10. If I'm at home in the evening it's usually some time between 6 & 7 I eat, sometimes later if my schedule got all screwy from sleeping in.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I try to eat about 2 hours before bed, but I have a history of heartburn so I do it for that.

Your body doesn't care what time you eat. It won't make you fat to eat late at night. That is a myth, pure and simple.
  • chuckiephudd
    chuckiephudd Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    our family eats at 5 pm everyday 6pm at the latest, and we are an active family with girls going in every direction, the highlight of our dinner is sitting at the dinner table as a family and going over the day to see what has happened with everyone!!!!
  • MsFat2Fit
    Options
    I have also heard that you are not supposed to eat anything after 6pm... but I don't believe in that; depends also what time you go to the bed / wake up. My dinner is usually between 7:30 and 9:30.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism doesn't slow down at night- it is what it- is no matter the time of day. It is important, to eat frequently (small meals) throughout the day to keep your metabolism high though. I eat every 2-3 hours from when I wake up to 5am until about 8pm. One of the main theories behind eating your dinner early and sleeping on an empty stomach is not that your metabolism slows down, it is just that when your body is sleeping- you are inactive and your body can use that time to repair muscle and burned stored energy (in the form of fat and carbohydrate), rather than using that "repair time" to digest a heavy meal.

The first sentence is true, which is why I was so disappointed with the second sentence. Your metabolism has nothing to do with how many meals you eat. You can eat 1 meal, or 20 meals, and your metabolic rate stays the same.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I sometimes don't get to eat until 10ish. I don't get home until 9 or 9-30 on some days.

It doesn't matter. Just your total calories matter.
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    my family is british too.. we have tea time and pudding. my other half always gets upset that "pudding" doesnt necessarily mean actual pudding...