I am going to loose weight! <-- WRONG.

Options
AlexzKT
AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
That SHOULD read: I am going to lose weight.

I know spelling can be tricky, so here's a link that illustrates commonly misspelled words. So if at first you didn't understand why "I am going to loose weight" is wrong, click the link and take 5 minutes to learn the proper spelling of commonly used English words.

http://www.funri.com/some-spelling-lessons-by-the-oatmeal/

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    *slowclap*

I think this topic has been done enough times.
  • DreamStriveBe
    DreamStriveBe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    loose, lose... who really cares? What matters is that we are all here to accomplish something - really gonna (wait gonna is not in the dictionary, oops) get on someone because they used the wrong word... *shaking my head*
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    joker-clap.gif
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    *slowclap*

I think this topic has been done enough times.

agreed.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Maybe it has, but it still irritates me. So thanks for raising it again. :-)
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Maybe it has, but it still irritates me. So thanks for raising it again. :-)

THIS
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    No child left behind. Oh crap, we left some in first grade.
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    I find that people typically pick on others for spelling errors because they feel bad about themselves, and since we are here to SUPPORT each other ... this topic seems mean to me. Only my opinion.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Too funny! It's too bad you can't force everyone to check this website out! LOL It gets so frustrating reading some posts because you read exactly what they write, and it makes no sense until you go through and correct everything!! LOL
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    while i understand the sentiment, as grammar & spelling misuse make me crazy as well, this topic is the internet equivalent of wasting your breath.. there's truly no sense in making yet ANOTHER "loose" versus "lose" topic..

let's add this to the pile of dead horses we insist on beating over, and over, and over...
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Picking at other peoples spelling abilities is no different to other forms of discrimination in my eyes.

There could be a million and one reasons as to why that word has been spelled incorrectly.
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    loose, lose... who really cares? What matters is that we are all here to accomplish something - really gonna (wait gonna is not in the dictionary, oops) get on someone because they used the wrong word... *shaking my head*

I agree. And I am SO OCD about spelling, but that is not the reason we are here. We all get the gist of the post. Enough of the Spelling Police... Jeeez! Too bad there wasn't as much support as there are nit-picky people. :ohwell:
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Ah, sarcasm in the morning. Love you people. :bigsmile:
  • tatertotfishstick
    tatertotfishstick Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Exactly
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Some people obviously have way too much time on their hands! :yawn:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    grammar_nazi_worst_enemy.jpg
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    Some people obviously have way too much time on their hands! :yawn:

Amen! :happy:
  • tnfphelan
    Options
    I didn't realize that we have the spelling police on this website. Who is anyone to judge, especially when you don't know people's curcumstances. We are here to help and encourage in their weight loss journey. If you don't like the way people spell, don't read it.
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    IMO folks are here for support to get in shape and lose weight, not get schooled in spelling. And yes, it bugs me when words are spelled wrong but everyone had a weakness and some folks that weakness is spelling and I don't want those people to not post as often because they are worried about spelling.